Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time to sell (quite long)

Its come to the stage where i am wondering whether or not to sell the williams. It has always been good to me and nothing major has been going wrong but recently just a few things need doing and they keep coming one after the other, master-cylinder, alternator, and a new vibration noise coming from the rear (think its something to do with the wheel bearings) and tbh with it being quite old i fancy something a little newer and cheaper to run as the commute to work is 30mile round trip.

Its quite diff as i bought it for 4k 2years ago as the 5th owner with not alot of service history but i have never had any problems with it and after i have spent so much getting it mint (alloy refurb, arches, no plate, loads of maintenance, 4pots etc) i just cannot decide whether or not to sell it as i will prob only get 3300ish for it as a max, and for that kind of money im not going to get a car anywhere near as good as a williams in as good a nick and well looked after as mine.

The plan was to keep it for two years and buy a clio trophy but im feeling a little, dare i say it bored and with the new house i dont have alot of spare to cash to mod it to the extent i want to, to keep it feeling new and fresh.

Ive thought about just selling it and saving up for a little while and see what takes my fancy, which currently would be a 106gti but i cant stop seeing that as a step down

Keep the Williams buddy, I had a 106 gti, Pulsar GtiR and the Williams is by far the most fun I have had.

Jamie - where in Ellesmere Port do you live - not seen your williams before?

Great Sutton, at the traffic lights by the old wirral 100 turn right, down that way....

I think u just have to take it on the chin really with these cars...u'd be very lucky not to have anything go wrong, and it's a help if you can do most of the maintenance to keep the cost down on servicing etc. I just enjoys tinkering with the car most weeks. It's nice to have a change after a while though, so I know what u mean...but I know that i'd regret selling if i did.

aHHH.. small world, i live near weatherspoons in overpool

sorry to here your selling up, i`ve just bought another valver, pick it up in 2 weeks

Forum User
    think yourself lucky, my williams has been a constant nightmare and ive spent what i payed for it on fixed it, this is one reason why i went and got the 182, a newer car which i can trust! also getting abit sick of old cars!

Best bet is prob just to keep it and spend a bit on it, its not that i dont have the money its that i begrudge it when it seems to be several items being 150 each. Prob £400 ish would sort it all but thats the money i had for my coilies.

Tbh if i got £3300 for it i may end up having a nightmare attempting to get another reliable car, with the stick i do give it, it was inevitable somethings will wear.

Just keep saving for the trophy it is...

Quote Originally Posted by clio_bus
    aHHH.. small world, i live near weatherspoons in overpool

sorry to here your selling up, i`ve just bought another valver, pick it up in 2 weeks
    Have to meet up and go for a spin sometime then...

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by richy
    think yourself lucky, my williams has been a constant nightmare and ive spent what i payed for it on fixed it, this is one reason why i went and got the 182, a newer car which i can trust! also getting abit sick of old cars!
    know the feeling...will be my last year of mk s i think..will keep the track car..and the turbo will be sold on... i need something economical as i will be moving jobs soon. lol