Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question re Williams Magnex exhaust

I fitted a brand new Magnex Williams full system yesterday. Now I only had 2 exhaust bungs that came with it. No instructions though on where to put them. I have used 2 standard ones and the 2 that came with the Exhaust.

Can anyone tell me what type to use and where? I ended up using the 2 that came with the system on the mid section. The rear silencer had 15mm between the rear axle jacked up but as soon as I lowered it it was touching the axle

The other problem is the car sounds crap with a decat pipe on!! The volume is stupid and far too boomy. Every other car that I have put a decat on gets raspy, whats going on?

I do have a silenced magnex decat which will hopefully reduce the volume considerably but i can't work out how it mates to the downpipe. The sleeve that sticks out of the downpipe normally fits in the cat. On the magnex it has a gauze which appears smaller than the downpipe.

Any help would be appreciated cause its embarrasing to drive round at the mo.

Rich

For a start does anyone have a silenced magnex decat mated to a magnex full system?

If so does it reduce the volume a lot? (I hope so) and do I need to remove the gause type material to get it to fit on the downpipe section?

I have a full Magnex system too, and replace the cat the other day with a custom de-cat that nyk had made for me....there is the plus point of the power gains, buts it's just too loud for me...gets annoying after a while I was offered a silenced one too..should have gone for that. Gonna put the cat back on me thinks. I not 100% sure thats magnex made a silenced de-cat, but the ones that I have seen lok very similar to a cat, aposed to a straight through pipe. Otherwise, u could get one made up. K-Tec do them, but their stupidly expensive.

I have a standard straight through decat (one fitted at the mo) and a silenced magnex decat. Mine came with a gauze gasket in, is this meant to be removed?

http://www.apexracing.co.uk/itm00372.htm

would'nt have thought so mate....does'nt look asthough it meets up with the flange anyway

My Magnex is quite boomy without a cat as well but its only on a Valver, I assume it would be worse on a Williams?! I know what you mean about de-cat normally making systems sound more raspy, its was like this on my 106 gti and my FRP Zetec-s, strange :(

I havnt heard a decent branded raspy system on a mk1 yet! If i was to buy a new system id go for a scorpion everytime!

Has anyone got a Magnex silenced decat? How does the downpipe joining end mate to the decat? It appears as if the gauze can be removed. It will definately not join the lip on the downpipe at present. Is there a part which Im missing to get it to fit?

Just put my cat back on this afternoon...sounds a bit nicer now and not so deafening... Will go for a silenced one if i get anything else.

Yeah I think I will put the cat back on if I can't work out how to fit this silenced decat.

There must be someone else with one???

i have a magnex de cat and straoight thru devil zorst if that helps! loud as fook
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215