Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Traction Problems lol

Took may hybrid to ATS this morning to have the tracking and De cat fitted. This is the first proper drive/thrash I have had in the beast.

1st gear just wants to spin, and second as well lol, alot different from the un-spin happy 1.8.

Anyone else have traction problems, I think I need to learn some throttle control. lol

Can't weight to throw it round some corners later on and test out the wide track with 15" and Exalto's

Cheers
    A very happy Winston :D

Banned
    Try less throttle i find this helps

eh...youve done a engine swap and you couldnt even fit our own decat....winston im gutted.

Banned
    Maybe those engine swap pics were photoshopped and really hes still running a 1.8?

lol....Got a mate that works at ATS. Never got round to fitting it......Just can't be arsed., its had enuff man hours and still needs many more...

Photoshop

So guys, if you going about 15mph and you put the power down yours will spin as well? fooking cool.....shows how shit the 1.8 is lol

IN 1st lol

Banned
    Not if im in 5th gear

Quote Originally Posted by winston
    So guys, if you going about 15mph and you put the power down yours will spin as well? fooking cool.....shows how shit the 1.8 is lol
    On dry roads, my car mostly grips and go from rolling starts - even at quite high rpms. I find the traction out of slow corners one of it's more enjoyable aspects and don't have much problem powering down on exits. Are you running with signifiicantly higher power/torque outputs?

Thanks for the straight answer. thats what i was looking for.

Standard power (i think) but it is stripped out. I have also removed the P/S steering tho??

A standard Williams should not be able to break traction (in the dry) as easily as you described. I don't have any experience with modded 16v to Williams projects. But if the engine output is similar to the Williams, my guess would be to check the front geometry, suspension and/or tyres. The others guys here may be more helpful.

be careful what you say about 1.8's pal some of us still have them, and think there fast enough!!!