Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3.

Forum User

Playstation 3.

So then who decicded to spend £425 on One?

I personally didnt bother got an XBOX 360 for christmas and Until the price drops for the PS3 wont ever get one.

its meant to drop by £120 in the next few weeks....
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

I'll probably just wait... Although the XBOX 360 is looking better every day plus the PS3 doesn't play all the old PS2 games.

Andrew

ill consider it at a lower price. depends on the customer reviews of the blu ray.

life wouldnt be complete without metal gear solid, or the next resident evil.

Trust me if you ain't got a hd tv don't even bother..

It looks shocking on normal Tv's oh and it runs in 50hz in rgb so its old skool sloooooow and skips frames to compensate.

Insult to injury also you still get that green screen via RGB as you did with the ps2 - what the **** are you doing sony???!

I can't live without Gran Turismo but theres no way I can justify a grand (ps3 + new tv) to play a bloody game!!!

Forum User
    Hmmm if they come down by £120 they'd be competing with the 360. but ill stick with what i got i love it.

ive always been an xbox fan myself, never really bothered with playstations, ive had bout 4 i think but ive always sold them and bought more xbox games lol

From waht ive heard, people were taking theirs back to asda near me, not cuz they were broke but cuz they didnt want them lol.

My theory is, if you have played a 360 then you would probably take the ps3 back once you realise its not that much different but more expensive. However the people who never bought a 360 or played one will be in love with the ps3. A hdtv is a must for both consoles

I'll be waiting for it to drop in price. As much as i love playstations i havent got £425 to spend. I'd choose a PS3 over an x-box anyday though, firstly because of the back catalogue of games i've got from PS1 and PS2 and secondly it is just personal preferance.

Forum User
    ^^^ It doesnt play PS1 games, and it wont play most PS2 games due to the emulator on it not being up to scratch. Last night I brought my copy of GT4 around my mates to try it on his PS3 (to see if it upscaled it) and it spat the disc out telling me its not able to play it. Couldnt get much else to work on it either.

Its good, but not a step up from the 360 games wise. GTHD demo, which some people rav about, I was very dissapointed in. If it wasnt in high def its the same as GT4 all over! There's some good stuff coming out in the next 6 months though, but as already said, dont bother if you dont have an HD TV.

Oh, and Resident Evil 5 is coming out on all formats!