creaking gear shaft when changing gear

car is running fine although after half an hour of driving or so when i change gear the shaft seems to creak. im not sure why as the clutch is fine and is smooth when it goes into gear (all gears) just creaks when im selecting after 15mins of driving? any ideas? just a bit of lube do the trick? any1 else had this.

J o n
    where is it creaking? is it creaking when you move it left to right, or as you select a gear and it goes in?

left to right. not so much when it goes in.

Forum User
    Fill the entire car with axle grease, soon solve any creakings.

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Williams3
    left to right. not so much when it goes in.
    not sure if that's normal, all mine have done that though... only when going to the right in neutral still. dont think it's anything to worry about, but dont quote me on that... i'm on my 2nd box

ill have a peek underneath when i get chance. although it still goes into gear smooth and everything, so no immediate worry.

Its quite common for them to squeak from side to side. Probably a bit of grease will cure it, but I have never been too bothered by it.

Forum User
    After taking my gearbox out twice and putting the ****er back together... and reading alot of dialogys (Renaults software for parts/manuals) This is caused by the selector arm that joins to the gearbox. If you remove the plastic tray that is under the gearbox selector rod you will see a rubber "sack" that holds grease for a balljoint that connects to the selector itself. The gaitor will either be split or running low on grease. It nothing major to worry about at all, just a noise. I would cut off the tiewrap that holds the rubber gaitor on and move it over the ball joint so you can apply more grease to it. Once done fill the sack with grease and put it back and put a tiewrap on it. It is tight tho so can be a little fiddly!
    You can do it just by jacking the car up and should only need a pair of cutters to do it.
    I did this to mine and was spot on afterwards