Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    my advice is give it a FULL service. and put cheap oil through it 1st run it for a week with shit oil then change it again for sum decent oil, mobile 1 or sumthing.

feul filter, new oil, get some Forte injector cleaner off ebay, run it on "go fast" feul. new air filter.

my old 1 was a bit underpowered once was 98 atw after a full service it was at 113 atw

was talking to the fella who rolling roaded it, it turns out it was a wheel Hp figure he has give me, (on the graph above) but he was telling me it was a fly wheel figure that i had got. (he told me it was 95 ATF) where he was actually measuring it at the wheels.

So how far is 95 ATF off standard?

Still the same problems? Cam timing? good service? It has had a coolant flush, oil and filter change and an ITG air filter just fitted, I havnt changed the fuel filter or cleaned the injectors so ill get that done.

Also can anyone tell by looking at the cam pics if they are standard or aftermarket? or is that not really possible,

Cheers for the advice guys,

Darren

Forum User
    well your looking at 130bhp at the flywheel with 25 to 35% transmission loses on average. have seen transmission loses as low as 15% but rarely. so at 25% your looking at 32.5 bhp loss. so about right. impossible to tell buy just looking at the cams. get a dial gauge a measure lift. anything around 9mm and over is prob after market.

Forum User
    I have a good strong valver lump for sale if you're interested??

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    well your looking at 130bhp at the flywheel with 25 to 35% transmission loses on average. have seen transmission loses as low as 15% but rarely. so at 25% your looking at 32.5 bhp loss. so about right. impossible to tell buy just looking at the cams. get a dial gauge a measure lift. anything around 9mm and over is prob after market.

Cheers for that, ill get a look at the cams and measure them to give me an idea, ill give the car another oil change, and change the fuel filter (as i dont know when it was last changed) Is it worth having the injectors refurbished? or try some injector cleaner first? Any other things to try and gain a bit of Hp back?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_16v
    I have a good strong valver lump for sale if you're interested??
    im going see if i can get this engine sorted, if not then ill be on the lookout, altho id say postage to Northern Ireland would be a few quid! lol :P

Forum User
    loads of bits really. if the temp sensors or lamda probe or a number of items aren,t functioning right it will run poor. could be loads of things really. but i would suspect the bad service history first. any chance you could get it run on an rx25 i think its called. its a renault diagnostic computer and go from there. once that done check the cam lift and cams and then you will need a remap. know idea where over there though.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    loads of bits really. if the temp sensors or lamda probe or a number of items aren,t functioning right it will run poor. could be loads of things really. but i would suspect the bad service history first. any chance you could get it run on an rx25 i think its called. its a renault diagnostic computer and go from there. once that done check the cam lift and cams and then you will need a remap. know idea where over there though.
    I know a guy in Renault, so ill try to get it on the diagnostics computer. I take it, it would find any problems with any of the sensors or probes?

Hi guys,

Went back to the guy who did the RR as he had given me the graph for HP ATW but was adamant that it was HP ATF

so he give me the new graph (below) (138.3 HP @ 6662 rpm)

But I'm still wondering if the car has had aftermarket cams fitted, if so its only making standard power, could this be because they aren't timed correctly? There is the usual rough start and idle, (until warm) that i was told to expect with cams.

My question is do you guys think its likely there is cams fitted and if not, why is it so dam rough on start up from cold?

I'm still trying to get in contact with the owner that supposedly fitted cams but to no avail as of yet.

Also the air/fuel ratios still seem to be up the left. Ive changed the fuel filter but not noticed any difference. Is there anything else to check/ change?

Many thanks guys,

Darren

have you tried getting it roaded at another garage?

no this is the first time Ive had it RR'd, what would it show me? Just if it it consistent? The guy has a real good reputation that did it but just made a genuine mistake, he couldn't be more apologetic when he realised what he had done! so i don't doubt his results in that way, because he made a mistake.

But I could get it on another set of rollers, if it would show any discrepancies or anything like that