Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy P
    Quote Originally Posted by thelynx
    So many choices... Dont know what to do. May even sell the thing yet.
    You know value for money that Hybrid Clio cant be beaten. IMO it cant be anyway.

Fairly reliable, non of this turbo and not boosting right bulls**t. Just jump in and away you go.

Shed some weight headwork and cams with it mapped spot on and I think you would be satisfied with that for a while mate.
    You know it makes sense.. Trying to decide which is the best way, before I start buying stuff.. Think im gonna source a f7r bottom end to work on (ie rebuild) and leave the internals as is, then find a willy head to have worked.. to be fair knowing how quick your was with 186bhp id be happy with a figure like that.

Forum User
    High comp pistons will always give more power but the engine management needs altering to suit. The std ecu when reprogrammed can cope with h/c pistons. Forged pistons will be slightly noisier when cold because of the greater piston to bore clearence that is needed as the expansion of forged items is greater. When the engine is up to temp the piston (if the engine boring is correct) will run pretty much the same cl as stock items and will remain constant. Increasing the compression of any n/a engine will have the same effect as an increase of boost on a turbo engine. In sumarry if you have the money and are rebuilding your engine from scratch, fit them.