Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Right with 270,000m i think the williams is due a rebuild.

I am very much wanting to do the trip to the nurbergring and where ever the other members go i guess me and the missus will deffo follow so with no other option than to make sure williams 1 no303 is in perfect condition for traveling i'm guessing it will need a full overhall so i hope i can get a few tips of you guys and gals/nyk {as she replies to everyone :D thats a good thing } and so on, to make sure its all in good form:

with 270,000m i want to know if the bores are sleeved or not so i can replace them?
    At the mo i'm prob a 2.2 withe the amount of ring wear on the bores but sod all compression
    if not how much is a replacement short motor from renault {block,pistons crank,big and mains} any1 bought1 before?

if not the short motor, i will be doing the rebuild myself if any 1 can supply me with sleeves,rings, main and big end,thrust washers, oil pump how much r u wanting { all new please} or would you advise buying them parts from renault? i am a mechanic in the trade and same group myself as our renault dealer, so can get good discount on gen renault but can any1 advise after market parts that a just as good for close to the price.
    i will be buying gen renault h/gasket set is this worth the money or again is their a good competetor, in quality, so top end is sorted for parts. e.g re-lap the valves in, stems and so on.
    Sorry for massive inquiry/read but thought it might show how good these cars are as my engine has never been rebuilt/re-newed as far as history tells me because i have history from 2001-now and also have inqutired/spoken to he reviewer on this car who owned it from 1998*102,000m*-2001 *192,000m*. now is 270,000m

Cheers all
    Nathan

trust me to be the first one to reply now you've put that!! LOL

All I was gonna say, is I would contact Stan, no doubt he will be able to advise you better than most of us and supply parts etc, a lot cheaper than Renault.

Banned
    l.o.l knew that you would.
    your are on the the nbr trip aint ya!
    pretty worried about gettin this ready for then, how many spare h'gaskets are you 2 bringin
    have you booked the tunnel yet?
    I thought stan would be the man who would come up with the parts, he seems to have everythin for sale

Hello, from another metric dashboard Williams Mine's about 220k kilometres and still on factory gaskets. Who would have believed there could be such a thing as a reliable french hothatch

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    Hello, from another metric dashboard Williams Mine's about 220k kilometres and still on factory gaskets. Who would have believed there could be such a thing as a reliable french hothatch
    Need to check my eyes. I read your post as kms, while it was actually miles. Makes it even more incredible mileage.

Forum User
    77 01 467 569 ENGINE F7R-700 CL 4413.48

that complete don,t list a short motor

tbh mate.if the bores are fukt, id be tempted to throw a set of + ?? pistons in tbh, will increase capacity a little for ya too lol. altho u could struggle to find a decent head gasket, dependant on how far u take the bores out. i would have thort that possibly a session on the glazebuster and a new set o rings will b fine tho.

rod has sorted me out a few times with cheap bits from reno, star man, but if ur in the trade and get evrything trade, i dare say ud struggle to get better prices from reno if u know wot i mean.

sounds like uv got pretty much evrything covered, refresh up top, same on btm end......shud be good for another 200k miles then ;)

Not sleeved cylinders, no, and you cant really go over-size unless you fit forged pistons. Your not really going to know whats going on til you strip it.

I would maybe sugest do a leak down test first, to give you an idea of whats gan on inside like.

some prices from me:

main shells-£33.37
    big end shells-£23.78
    piston rings-£69.38
    thrust washers-£11.33
    btm end set in crank oil seals-£28
    headset-£67
    headbolts-£13

270,000m that means mines still fresh at 114,000 m i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker Willi 1 303
    l.o.l knew that you would.
    your are on the the nbr trip aint ya!
    pretty worried about gettin this ready for then, how many spare h'gaskets are you 2 bringin
    have you booked the tunnel yet?
    I thought stan would be the man who would come up with the parts, he seems to have everythin for sale
    PMSL
    yeah me an lee will be goin on the nbr trip. havent even thought about what parts we will bring yet, although will be minimal.

European break down cover booklet will be brought to say the least.

LOL