Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Group Buy - ITG Maxogen for Willy/Valver

would anyone on here be interested in this ?

its proven to be the best kit for the newer Clio's, and the Renault F1 team use ITG filters

they will do it as long as they have 10 confirmed orders minimum, i spoke to the fella in charge today at length about it, and he might even attend the FCS to speak to club members

Might be but not at anywhere near £300

Forum User
    How much are they? and what power gains could you expect over a k&n?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan

**** all. Paper filter in oe box just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan
    at least 15bhp ;)

Banned
    I heard 10bhp, unless you put the sticker on the drivers door, in which case its 20 bhp

Stromba, ITG are not your normal filter maker like K&N etc, rather than over hype the products they do, they let them speak for themselves, the quality of them is second to none

please jus stop talking shite in my thread...

Banned
    Sorry Brun, but Jan asked how much power they give. I personally dont think any filter will give more than a NEW paper filter in a WILLIAMS.

UNLESS, you run cooling ducts or bonnet modifications.

Bearing in mind a new paper filter is a few pounds from Reno, i think filters are a waste of money. The only reason i run a green is because when wet / dirty, they will lose less power than a paper filter when wet / dirty.

Show me any evidence that any filters provide increases in power, unless accompanied by bonnet / ducting mods.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    Sorry Brun, but Jan asked how much power they give. I personally dont think any filter will give any more power than a NEW paper filter in a WILLIAMS.

UNLESS, you run cooling ducts or bonnet modifications.

Bearing in mind a new paper filter is a few pounds from Reno, i think filters are a waste of money. The only reason i run a green is because when wet / dirty, they will lose less power than a paper filter when wet / dirty.

Show me any evidence that any filters provide increases in power, unless accompanied by bonnet / ducting mods.

well one of the main advantages mate of the foam type of filter is that they can go AGES without needing to be cleaned

because they are quite a deep filtration medium, they can store a lot of dust/dirt before it starts to affect filtration

thats one advantage, yes its nothin to do with power, but it could be if you dont change your filters

the ITG Maxogen IS expensive, i agree, its £300+.....which might not actually be worth it, part of its appeal, to me anyway, is its look, im a sucker for carbon fibre, plus, i like to know that ive got the best i could of something, id rather spend extra and get the best filter for those extra few bhp, because if you apply that to every area of the car, it all adds up, you of all people being such an anal perfectionist would surely agree with that

ITG simply wouldnt make it if they didnt think they could extract a few extra bhp from the engine, i spoke to the general manager today, and he spoke at length about how differently they do things to everyone else, they dont spend loads on advertising, they prefer to put that money into the product, making it the best it could possibly be, which to be honest i prefer, lots of people now use the ITG elements, which are cheaper than the likes of K&N and most people seem to say they are better