New battery terminals?

Was going to pick the Mrs up the other night and my battery light flickered and then came on. I pulled over turned everything off and opened the bonnet, and tightened up the battery terminals. I then started the car up with nothing on and after a couple of minutes the light went out. I thought nothing of it and then it happened again last night so i did the same only this time i completely unscrewed the terminal's and screwed them back on. I noticed there was some crusty build up around the terminal's but again, after messing with the terminals and leaving the car ticking over for a few minutes, the light went out. This would suggest that the terminals just need a good clean or maybe a new set?! Just thought id check if anyone has had this and it turned out to be an alternator fault as thats when it gets pricey! I'll give the terminals a good clean anyway and see what happens, any reccomendations as to what to use to clean them?
    Cheers lads,
    Ross

i sacked off the crappy renault terminals long ago and got some proper terminals, never had a problem with them since ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    i sacked off the crappy renault terminals long ago and got some proper terminals, never had a problem with them since ;)
    Yup I posted this the other day - as soon as they've been off a few times there rubbish - Halfords do one ofr a few quid and it's fantastic its impossible to get a loose connection!

good clean with sand paper fixed it for me.

its that stupid spinning thing on top that does me in - once thats warped it'll never wedge on properly - thats why mine was kangarooing all over the place!

Sandpaper clean the terminals. And put a jubilee hose clamp over the positive terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    Sandpaper clean the terminals. And put a jubilee hose clamp over the positive terminal.
    Sorry, I meant put a jubliee hose clamp over renault's red connector legs that sits over the battery positive terminal. That will stop the red connector legs from coming loose.

Cheers people. Will just give them a good clean and pop some new terminals on at the weekend then