Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ex BTCC car with willy engine project

Story so far we have purchased a ex BTCC Laguna touring car complete rolling shell

We purchased a R19 with a claimed 200bhp Williams engine, been camed and dirty port and polish by prima (unproven till we strip it) with seramic clutch etc.

We are looking at throttle bodies next and decent remappable ecu and reconmendations and would port and cams with induction kit give 200bhp?

Forum User
    yeah it would,probably a tad more,... I take it your fabricating the engine mounts?

looks good fun, alain Menu drove one didnt he lol

thats mint...tommy rustads old motor !

Remember when he stuffed one shell hard into the armco at Oulton park...car was airborn !!!

Prject car

Yeah should be a laugh, ive been haring around in my hybrid 5 for a while my mate Ewart wanted a new project he bought a ex touring R19 shell and whilst hunting for parts we found a chap with the rolling shell, we only wanted wheels but 2K later we have the car.

It gets collected next weekend there is going to be a shed load of work, the donar engine we have is in a road going 19 so we are going to remove as mouch of the front end as possible and see what is usable and what has to be bespoke

However we want the car not to be too slow as from memory they were 275bhp back in the day (hate to think of cost of engine) the car will be raced this year if built in time. I am helping so to bag ago on in it!

What series are you racing in, reny regs?

A well done stock bottom end and modified top end with bodies will see you into the 220bhp region. The top will deliver more but the bottom will be rpm limited, especially with constant track use you will most probably see failures in the stock piston area after a while.

Re: Prject car

Quote Originally Posted by car13
    Yeah should be a laugh, ive been haring around in my hybrid 5 for a while my mate Ewart wanted a new project he bought a ex touring R19 shell and whilst hunting for parts we found a chap with the rolling shell, we only wanted wheels but 2K later we have the car.

It gets collected next weekend there is going to be a shed load of work, the donar engine we have is in a road going 19 so we are going to remove as mouch of the front end as possible and see what is usable and what has to be bespoke

However we want the car not to be too slow as from memory they were 275bhp back in the day (hate to think of cost of engine) the car will be raced this year if built in time. I am helping so to bag ago on in it!
    think they was about 280bhp,steel bottem end etc,30k the engines where

Ewarts budget isnt that high, he races with me in CSCC tintops series we arent allowed seq boxes that helps cost... we like to get 220 mark to be on par with Intergra r we race against, suspension brakes wise sorted the size of discs is nuts but thats the advantage of 18 inch rims... not looking forward to prices of tyres either....
    Pete

Forum User
    you allowed turbo,s etc. decent 18,s can be had for 105 quid a tyre

cscc

Regs our for series

Original engine mods are free
    If started life as injection can have throttle bodies
    If started life on a carb can have twin 45s etc
    no turbos
    no superchargers
    4 cylinders and under 2.0 ltr
    All the normal safety gear and thats it

Good simple regs for some sensible racing, 40 min race with pitstop 30 min practise

So hopefully the package should be reasonable

Forum User
    Is your mate the guy that sold the yellow alan menu r19 chamade to mick over on rsc then? Just been reading about his new project now and he said the bloke who had it found a dc cook laguna.

Both projects look stunning!