Cheaper renault parts for suspension

I want to change all the shocks on my car with new standard williams ones (along with 172 cup springs) as I am currently running second hand front shocks on -35mm boge springs with 16v rear shocks and I am fed up of the harsh ride, cracked wings, rubbing, manifold blows etc. etc. that this has caused!
    It may be a silly question, but I would like to know if anybody knew of a cheaper place then renault....... or is there nobody else that can supply the standard williams shocks?

Thanks.

i presume your widetracking it then if you plan on running williams all round?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the car is a wide tracked hybrid so i already have williams front shocks but I am concerned about the pounding they took whilst the car was lowered. I thought the wear may be more noticable if I then raise the car back up to near standard. Hence why I am looking into getting new shocks at the same time. Plus I sometimes hear a funny squeeking sound coming from the left side when I go over speedbumps and seeing as I have hit a few bad potholes at speed on that side, I think the shocks might be a little tired....

As for the rear shocks, I am just interested to see if the williams ones are better then the 16v ones

think the shocks are about £35-40 each..front and rear, fronts being a little dearer than the rears, from reno which isnt bad imo.

its the springs that are dear..£80 + vat each last time i priced em up...bout 3-4 years ago...which is why i went to coilovers, near enuff same price, and a whole load better....IMO

can get custom poundage springs for £130 delivered. nay as well get them at that price!

Forum User
    Williams shockers (fronts) 77 00 838 095 rrp £42:44 ~~~ but if you pay that your Renault man is a robber ,I got a pair for £60 ish plus vat last year
    If you do not ask ( for huge discounts ) you will not get them !!!!

yeah, I got a percentage off mine, but not as good as that ^^^ lol

If you want springs, get a set of 172 or 172 Cup springs secondhand - about £30 or so

Forum User
    How has lowering it cause manifold blow and where on the manifold? (where it meets the head or where it meets the downpipe?)

Cheers.

Forum User
    pffft 35mm. 60mm try that

the downpipe kept scraping on speedbumps causing it to blow at the decat and where it joins to the manifold. car is now on 172 cup springs and I am very happy with it. I am going to get williams shocks to replace the valver ones on the rear though to help cut down a bit of the body roll.