Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by BenR
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenR
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    As standard, tolerances on Diesels HAVE TO BE better in order to run reliably. Why would you disagree? What more do I need to say? I think you are coming at this comment of mine from a race engine angle. If petrol was able to be compressed to 22psi without exploding due to the pressure, then petrol engines would NEED to be better built to withstand the pressure day in, day out.

Could you answer some of my questions/points please you sacastic git?

Matthew
    Better tell every injector, fuel pump manufacturer in the world.....one big explosion waiting to happen.
    If you read correctly, you would of seen i'd made an error with the psi, and should have said 22:1 compression ratio. I believe the general scientific consensus is that you can't compress a fluid hence my mistake and the correction :P

You are compressing a mix of air and fluid/vapour in the cylinder, the pressure at which it comes out of an injector has nothing to do with it at all.

Matthew
    whoooooooooooosh..............

hey! did you see that....that thing, there......aw its gone, it went over your head.
    Oh look, another band wagon has turned up, why don't you get on it...

Anyone can be sacastic, please try being constructive. At least Stan was polite enough to answer my questions/comments.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by david932
    give the lad a break fella's he's on the right lines
    Thankyou. I'm a software developer so I don't always know the correct terminology as I don't work with engines everyday of my life, and occasionally, like when i've got soaked the night before fixing someone else car until 11:30pm and am pretty darn the next day, I might write make the odd error (like I did above, and corrected it).

Matthew

What an ammusing thread... reminds me of the days of CS, lol

I dont think i would be getting into a debate about engine's with Stan or Ben tho... a

lol.. your prob right on that

I will await what Stan has to say about the cost of a high compression high boost engine though. (please do stan as a comparison is always a good thing).

Not that I took it off topic of course

Matthew