All I needed was 2 sizes of torx 10/14mm sockets, the odd screwdriver and be in a good mood.

Took dash out, undid all screws etc, as per manual – not completely out, just slid it back a bit, so as would give clearance for getting the heater bit out from the passenger side footwell. Stereo out – centre console out – all dials off - Thought I would have to drill top rivets out, but there is a black clip that holds all to the front, in middle – just half turn off and will release the whole lot.
Drain coolant.
Wipers off
Engine dept – took all the scuttle panels off, and windscreen rubber etc at the bottom of the screen – 5 screws hold it all in – full of crap, so good chance of a clean up as you go –
Take jack out, and remove relays and injection box (all in one go – did not have to dis – connect as can just move back out the way.
Wiper motor off wi bracket etc – take note of where the norm stopped position is – comes out in the 1 lot
Blower cover off, blower itself out – remem to disconnect from wiring – and not haul the whole resistor out as I did –
Undo single bolt which holds the matrix dept in, and then will all become loose
Back into passenger side footwell and realise dash is not back enough – so wiggle it a bit more and you will get there with another load of swearing and thinking Renault are bastards. Will just manage to get it out, with a bit of wiggling about, and take the foam/metal pad with it. - Done
New one in, and make it all secure again – I then put blower etc back on – connected dials up etc, put coolant in, checked for leaks and fired it up – 5 mins later, no bleeding – Toasty Car :P
Everything all went back together fine, and was easy to do – good chance to change the odd blown bulb
From start to finish took me about 5/6 hours along with some other peeing about I did, worth it tho is the 1st time I have driven it in about 18 months and been warm.

Hope helps you cold people out there.......

Pete F