Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    i had a leaking rear damper and they repaired it foc and i had it back within a week

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matty w
    i had a leaking rear damper and they repaired it foc and i had it back within a week
    I am guessing this was a new product which they repaired for free?
    Avo seem to have poor quality control / build quality if they have items which fail when new. I know of a few people this has happened to. If a company skimps and saves on this, It does not instill me with confidence - specially if I was to use one of their products in an environment they are not designed for - i.e. using a coilover not designed for track use, on track.

I can totally understand some may be using the product without any issues. However, for me personally - I wouldnt want to deal with the hassle of having to remove things after fitting, then send them off to be repaired. All of this equates to time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by arj256
    If the people who had there problems fixed by Avo. Surely they would like to speak out and praise Avos good customer care.
    Remaining nameless doesnt sound like an happy customer to me.
    Remaining nameless means i don't want to say xxxx had this repaired if they don't want others to know bcos at the end of th day who am i to start naming names for those ppl who have had warrenty work carried out, at the end of the day its not my business, if they would like to praise then i'll let them do it.

And as for the wording so the system doesn't get abused, in other words it depends what the head mechanic is feeling like that week.

Forum User
    I read with interest ~~ All the threads about "being covered by warranty".
    This in itself is such as grey area.I think you will find,that quite a few of the BIG manufacturers would renegade on their warranties,if they knew whart their Parts were being used,for anything other than normal road use.Even the Motorsport items have no warranty,when used in competition.However most will re~inspect etc etc .if there is a problem ~~ But I think you will find disclaimers etc in there sales information.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalife
    Quote Originally Posted by matty w
    I am guessing this was a new product which they repaired for free?
    Avo seem to have poor quality control / build quality if they have items which fail when new. I know of a few people this has happened to. If a company skimps and saves on this, It does not instill me with confidence - specially if I was to use one of their products in an environment they are not designed for - i.e. using a coilover not designed for track use, on track.

I can totally understand some may be using the product without any issues. However, for me personally - I wouldnt want to deal with the hassle of having to remove things after fitting, then send them off to be repaired. All of this equates to time and money.
    it was only a weap on the damping adjuster nothing major,my mate has a rally nova he's used for years and never had a problem with his avo's either,as already said without spending £1200 these have got to be the next best thing and when you think you could have 4 sets for the price of 1 top name set i'd raher use these

the offer is still open but its now £394.80 inc vat delivered. gone up a bit (inflation i guess)

excellent...... will he do them as single purchases or does it have to be a group buy :D

nah single i believe :D

can I still get a set of these???

yeah, but i contacted them about a week ago and the willy rear dampers are out of stock. they've gone up in price now tho, check my post a lil' further up the page.