Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Port-formance

J o n
    Stan, to be fair I think you must have missed the subtle side of the post, but either way I couldn't care less who says what. I was told years ago by BenR that headwork on a Williams was pointless, now it seems to be the best thing to do... it's hard to keep up tbh.

As for Gaz's car you being a tuner surely know different engines make different power and that one ran a 14.1 with less stripping out that people do these days and on a 6500 rev limit. It's a strong quick engine, so irrespective of what "should", "might" etc etc work best, whatever the case is that it's one of the quickest Mk1's on standard inlet.

As for the cams talk, they are cheapo regrinds from Bondy off CS that Mehdi bought back in the day for it... would be quicker with some better ones... goes without saying I spose. Don't really understand this clique nonsense either, just detracts from any point you were trying to make and sounds unprofessional. People go with what works and you seem to have a good following of people that trust in you so why rise to it?

This thread seems pretty pointless as the original intention was to show flow rates or something for respective heads? I think it's safe to say it's almost run it's course

Quote Originally Posted by GazTwo
    My cams came from wherever Mehdi bought them from. I haven't shelled out for any new cams....yet.....

Just because nobody else has managed to get that power from the same spec doesn't mean it isn't possible.

18mths ago nobody would really entertain headwork on an F7 engine as so many people had said u couldn't get any gains from them and look at how many people are going for headwork now whether it be from Port-Formance, Ben R, GDI, yourself or any other tuners...because it's been proven otherwise.

There's no conspiracy with my car, it's the same as it was when Martin owned it just with headwork and a remap.

Maybe u "realists" should do less chatting about us in the "clique" and find out where your going wrong??
    nobody has matched the power of urs?

pmsl.

14.0, and a lot heavier, with a LOT less mods......

its like fukkin jackanory on here

Forum User
    the demise of this website continues lol.

It was out of order in my opinion for the port performance chap to come and and ridicule the work of others in order to gain custom, he even sports a sales team on here

play fair, its never easy starting out in business.

GG

I have locked the thread once but it seems someone still has something to prove?

Mat.

J o n
    Matt, not sure why that's happened, but I dont have the rights to lock, so could you do the honors please pal as this is only going one way