Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anglesey Revamp

Anglesey Revamp

Don't know if you've all heard about the re-vamp. Serious upgrading to 4 potential circuits and improved infrastructure. Check this piccy out:

Forum User
    cool how long's that gunna take? bit close to the sea aint it

looks like its a big job

Forum User
    It is open again for Motor Racing in the middle of May,that is only part :o :o ~~~ a £4 million part of a even bigger expansion.Ultimately Richard Peacock ~~ circuit manager is hoping to get the BTCC,and the DTM circus's to run here .
    So watch out Oulton Park.
    Down side for me( our club) is that it is rumoured that only 4 events (rallies) a year ,with one club obtaining 2 dates,that leaves 2 dates with 4 clubs to fight for them .As far as I am concerned we have had a great relationship with Richard ~~ ie If he has made requests etc we have adhered to them etc,whereas some clubs do not bother .In return he has offered the circuit for testing my car(s) ~~ but I have never taken his offer up.
    Whatever happens,he will certainly put the circuit fee from the £3500 A DAY !!!! ,plus vat.I reckon we will need to put another £50 on each entry ~~ but I reckon it will be worth it.We should be able to put some 8 to 10 mile stages on it.

hope they start running track days aswell as racing

Forum User
    I am sure there will be loads of track days Perhaps not at the weekends or Fridays.If the bigger race meetings get dates there,They usually turn up on Thursday/Friday,to practice,set up etc.
    As I said earlier,the current investment is about £4 million~~ so the circuit owners will want as quick a return on there investment as soon as possible.
    More chance for track days,then there is rallies

Looks good that, id be abit worried that with errosion of the cliffs in a few years, the track will be falling into the sea.

What worries me is that ii appears to be a much more open layout and smaller cars like the clios will be less suited. I don't much of a kick out of keeping my foot flat on the floor for extended periods of time.

Still, depends what layout the trackday organiser operates.

Certainly not much of the old circuit left. Worth another treck up there for sure

Forum User
    Loved the old circuit, long as the new layout is nothing like coombe then it'll be worth it, another cadwell park woudl be awesome