Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    i'm guessing its cus when ur rallying your spinning it fron locl to lock with one hand whilst changing gears with other
    Yeah probably.

Just meaning that when i manual'd my 16v it felt lighter/easier compared to PAS at anything above 0mphs so i can't see why they'd sacrifice the power?

Quote Originally Posted by u33db
    Just meaning that when i manual'd my 16v it felt lighter/easier compared to PAS at anything above 0mphs so i can't see why they'd sacrifice the power?
    <thread hijak>
    Is that easy/cheap to do?

:D

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    Is that easy/cheap to do?

:D
    Its all relative!

Parts wise; you need manual column from 1.2/1.4, manual rack, 1.7 alternator mounts and belt.

Labour wise; drop subframe out, swap columns, swap racket, remove PAS pump and all piping, fit new setup.

Parts can be head for under a hundred if you're not fussed about having new, labour will be guts of 2-300 at a garage.

Group A spec Clios were the pinnacle of motorsport development within the boundries of regulations back in the day...the Cup Clios were just track prepared Valvers with Williams suspension! I'd be surprised if there were many parts that were even the same.

As Lunner pointed it, by its very nature you need very quick and responsive steering in rallying to be able to guide the car along narrow and very bumpy country roads with loose surfaces making constant corrections very quickly. Plus, they have whopping 17-inch wheels that would weight the steering up loads. Cup cars are driven on smooth, predictable circuits where minal steering inputs should be made, so light steering isn't as neccessary.

As to which you prefer, like everything else it's personal preference....

any apologise to be passed on tom?!

Tom,

'thanks for the concern tom, but i think my translation is pretty acurate. Oh and the fact that i recently until now owned a Cup Race car manual steering rack kind of highlights the truth behind the matter. Oh and the translation is for the european Cup Race Series, not the UK series. Oh and youre gay for starting this thread'

Rob

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH

J o n
    this one-upmanship is getting a bit long in the tooth, lets try and keep it reasonably sensible as I dont like having threads locked if it can be helped. I've had my run ins with Rob PLENTY of times in the past and it's deffo better to just sort them out in person, would be nice if the two clubs could work together, but I cant see that ever happening unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Group A spec Clios were the pinnacle of motorsport development within the boundries of regulations back in the day...the Cup Clios were just track prepared Valvers with Williams suspension! I'd be surprised if there were many parts that were even the same.

As Lunner pointed it, by its very nature you need very quick and responsive steering in rallying to be able to guide the car along narrow and very bumpy country roads with loose surfaces making constant corrections very quickly. Plus, they have whopping 17-inch wheels that would weight the steering up loads. Cup cars are driven on smooth, predictable circuits where minal steering inputs should be made, so light steering isn't as neccessary.

As to which you prefer, like everything else it's personal preference....
    why the hell did they use 17's as we all know 15's are loads better, was it some rule they had to all run 17's?

Forum User
    works cars ran 17,s loose and 18,s tarmac because the advantages of huge brakes and larger tyres out way the disadvantages of slightly increased unsprung weight and rotational mass. also works teams run mag rims and 280bhp so the larger rims have more benefits than disadvantages. my large 18,s and 325mm discs and 4 pots why only 4kgs more than the standard turbines and cast iron calipers did. but the increased levels of traction and braking performance far out way the slightly increased unsprung weight gain.