Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Location: Williams Land Cars: Minty Williams 2 & Now 0171 - AV IT !
    is it over 2k

Yep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RENAULT Clio Williams 2, 95 (trade)

* BLUE
    * Hatchback

M reg. in stunning blue, sports seats, PAS, EW, alloys, CD Player, MOT/tax, not many Williams left in this conditon, bargain (Sports always wanted). £2,495. px
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat.

Bloke still will not shift but rad is going on this, has bald tyre, clutch feels clunky, engine oil leak & has rust on tailgate & both arches...
    Hmmm what to do..
    Jaine

Buy mine...it's in as good nick by the sounds of it and I'll be selling for £3500 :o

Just waiting to get it back as I've had the passenger window replaced after it got smashed by some scroats :(

At that price, with those issues, I wouldn't bother Jaine.

By the way - that was me you were texting about the Williams 2 recently. Sorry for letting you down. Hope you find a good one soon

Ahh hello! No worries. Typical I concentrated in the one closest to me though..
    It does seem a very straight car though this one but that is a lot of money & I cant see willys going up in value that much!
    Will carry on my search

Ollie - can u mail me details ziggymini@hotmail.co.uk please

Quote Originally Posted by ziggymini
    Bloke still will not shift but rad is going on this, has bald tyre, clutch feels clunky, engine oil leak & has rust on tailgate & both arches...
    Hmmm what to do..
    Jaine
    How is that mint then?

Ahh hello! No worries. Typical I concentrated in the one closest to me though..
    It does seem a very straight car though this one but that is a lot of money & I cant see willys going up in value that much!
    Will carry on my search

Ollie - can u mail me details ziggymini@hotmail.co.uk please
    Hi Ziggy - e-mail sent

Car will be on the forum later today/tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    Hmmm what to do..
    Jaine
    How is that mint then?
    LOL^^ Far from mint i would say! £4300 seems looney considering its a willy 2 aswell!

Forum User
    Afternoon all,

I am the owner of the car in question and feel I have to respond to the comments posted regarding my car. Jaine has come to see the car on two occasions and i know she is a genuine buyer and Williams enthusiast. However i feel i must put my opinion accross on a few points.

Jaine has stated that the arches and bootlid are rusty. I have just been out to look over the car again and can confirm that they are not. The pictures in my ad show the condition of both rear arches.

Jaine has stated the clutch is on its way. Apart from the car having a stiff clutch, there is nothing that i am aware of to justify this comment. From what I could tell during the test drive, Jaine is of the opinion that as the clutch is stiff, it may be on its way out. I however know that all Williams's have stiff cluthes compared to regular cars and this should by no means be taken as an indicator for a worn clutch.

Jaine has stated the rad is on its way out. To be honest i do not know what this comment is based on as there is no visable damage to the rad and it doesnt loose any water.

Jaine has stated one of the tyres is bald. I have looked at the tyre in question and she is correct in that it is now below the limit and needs replacing. I will be doing this later in the week. All the other tyres are less than 6 months old.

Jaine has stated it has an oil leek. The car doesnt loose any oil and apart from topping it up once in a blue moon i do not know how this conclusion was reached. The only thing i can think of is that maybe becuase the engine bay is that of a regularly used car, her mechanic has been a little over zelous in describing the usual grime and muck on the lower half of the engine as some sort of leak.

To sum up everyone is entitled to an opinion on a car. However to air that opinion publicly may give a misleading view of the car. I would like to state that the opinions expressed by Jaine are not shareed by myself and I do not feel give an accurate reflection of my car.

I do not wish to say anything negative, as I know Jaine is a nice person and a real enthusiast. In fact in a private message this morning she has confirmed she has not ruled my car out of her thoughts. Its just that I dont agree with what she has stated publicly so I feel the need to publicly put my point across to any other intested parties.

Indeed if Jaine decides not to buy my car I wish her all the best in her search for another.

I hope you all can take this post in the way it is intended.

Regards

Dave