Differential gone?

Ok so my williams has been off the road for about 4 months now and its finally off to hillpower tomorrow to get sorted, even thought im not sure what needs sorting.

After pulling away from a junction rather quickly i heard a large clunk from the engine bay. Since then when pulling away from junctions or when travelling slowly i hear a large banging noise from the front drivers side of the car. The car still travels in a straight line fine and gears can still easily be selected. However it doesnt seem to want to go round corners correctly. It trys to carry on in a straight line.

Ive already replaced all of the engine mounts but that hasnt helped. So question is can it be a cv joint or driveshaft problem or worse a differential.

When i jacked the drivers side of the car up tonight, with the other wheel on the ground it was hard to rotate the road wheel in neutral. It turned for a bit then stopped. When jacking up the passengers side leaving the drivers side on the ground the road wheel could be rotated easily in both directions.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Adi

Forum User
    sounds like ure diff to me...

Fingers crossed it's just the driveshaft tripod

When my diff clip pop'd, it lost all drive ...almost like the clutch had gone

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Fingers crossed it's just the driveshaft tripod

When my diff clip pop'd, it lost all drive ...almost like the clutch had gone
    Same here, autosave to the rescue, rofl

Forum User
    sounds like either the n/s shaft end as winston said, ive had a few go and do exactly the same, but ive also had a diff destroyed by this!