Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    hehe

ye id say it was chipped, they come alive with breathing mods... as you say they are nippy, please don't get me wrong..i sold mine because the house deposit came first, williams is a damn good car though.... ;)

also btw, pulsar, arrggh. nuff said really.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt uk
    so you think then mine is chipped?

its an r reg and limits over 7.5k and the speedo is on about 97-100mph at limiter in 5th and 120-123 in 4th and 5th goes off clock at 140mph before limiter

ive had a few valvers and NEVER one quicker than this 106 gti in a straight line from standstill

my 160k mile williams was NOT as afaster either and from what i remember is may be close between the williams i sold DAZ alli remember about that car was forever changing gear and i COULDNT get away from my mates 106 gti which my 106 gti is quicker than his.

the mods on my 106

pipercross filter
    spare wheel removed
    decat pipe
    magnex rear
    limiter is at bout 7600rpm which i thought was standard

i may be wrong on the williams side and maybe i just owned a couple of bad ones

but i would bet anything on it pulling away from ANY valver with similar mods

i would definatly have a £10 wager on a race with a standard williams... well at least the 2 i used to own anyway..

im not the only one that thinks this looking on the search thread, i am VERY unbiased on car views as i have owned allsorts in past.

i genuinely do think my 106 is as quick as a williams

Mine would hit the limiter at just over 7500rpm, most do!! So andywilliams i'd say your talking crap.

Its all a matter of opinion but i think vts/gti's are better cars, might be cause they are more modern

Matt uk, i can understand what your saying about your pulsar/cossy ride and willys. My next sprint car is getting built at the moment, 8.3l and 700kg, will make the willy seem slow.

Colin

Nowt wrong with this one matt - its a fair bit "nippier" now i'd say than when I stole it from you

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    Nowt wrong with this one matt - its a fair bit "nippier" now i'd say than when I stole it from you
    Get some catcam 708's and a remap in it

Quote Originally Posted by vts_saxo
    The williams was only better in;
    1. Straight line speed (just)
    2. Handling
    3. Braking
    So everything you'd want in a small fast hatch then

the gti is a damn fine car but I just couldn't agree with it personally - everything was a tad off/not quite in the same league setup wise as a willy

I'd deffo reconsider one though if I was ever in the market for something along the same lines again vts/gti/16v

Love these threads comparing Williams to a VTS, people always slate the VTS and tbh, for the money they are brilliant, and the performance between the two are v similar.

Before i got the williams i had the option of a 172, gti, vts or williams, and value for money the vts would win everytime, the only reason i chose a williams is because i knew i would always regret not owning one and the reputation of owning a vts wasnt what i had in mind for my next car.

I have never been in a std vts, but an old friend of mine had a vtr, vts conversion with manifold, decat, air filter and cams, im not sure if it was mapped in as he bought the engine 2nd hand (obviously) but it was ****ing rapid, he used to eat much quicker cars and would have hammered mine in a striaght line, to 90/100 it was v impressive.

Forum User
    Mine would hit the limiter at just over 7500rpm, most do!! So andywilliams i'd say your talking crap

lol...n1

awfully sorry, my gti's must have been rebadged 1.1 independence's

there is no way in hell a "standard" 106/saxo hits a limiter at 7500 or above.. or maybe your saxo is one of the special (bull$h1t) "2 prong 130hp ones" LOL,

this forum aint for insulting someones intelligence mate, btw shame your old car is now in bits as it was a nice looking example..

^^^ at the end of day its all irrelevant - people choose what they choose, I wanted a williams 2 - I bought a williams 2.. the end!

If I get overtaken tomorrow by a rapid saxo - fair play to that man... I'll go about my business and feel no different when I tuck the willy away for the night knowing I chose the right car for me... :D

Forum User
    ^agree totally, just bugs me on these forums when people think that they are right 100% of the time and insult everyone else who has a different opinion ;|

Loadsa saxo's around this way, mainly vtr's though, which are no fun to play with lol :D

as far as i was aware the std red line was 7200 iirc, and i think the limiter on my mates was about 7400? but as i say i dont know what had been altered on that. but i would imagine if the red line was 7200 the limiter would kick in no later than 7300.