Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    My williams beat the vts by 0.3s down the qtr mile, would love to see a valver close to it.

i know my 106 gti is quicker than my old williams to 100mph

for a start i can hit it in 3rd gear in pug

probably have to be in 5th with a williams :P

Forum User
    South London Drives: Hybrid, 16v + Willy 2
    I have a willy engined valver and a 106 gti run around, the willy owns it in everyway possible
    And the gti would get raped a new arsehole once rolling...

Forum User
    the only thing i miss about my saxo was it was silver and could easy look clean with little effort! unlike my williams!!!

but if you have size 5 feet and like sitting in a stupid position and like to mix in with the other 20million there is, go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    but if you have size 5 feet and like sitting in a stupid position and like to mix in with the other 20million there is, go ahead!
    There's no more stupid a driving position than in a Mk1 Clio! But I definately agree with the foot-space issue in the Cit/Pug. Tis rediculous!

Great cars though

Forum User
    yeah the mk1 clios are not great! but at least u can adjust the height etc lol

Forum User
    the psa 1.6 v williams debate again lol

The 106's/saxo's are great little car's, I sold an 02 plate moonstone gti after buying a house and bought a williams. Before the moonstone I had a gold gti, so I know them fairly well after owning 2 over the past 5 years lol.

Standard limit on them is 7250 (<2001) (7400 >2001), there is no way they will hit 100 in 3rd...thats just wishful thinking lol... they hit around 62-65 in second..depending on the year and around 87/90 in 3rd... You can hit 100 if the rev limit is set to 8k, but this is cam'd/itb'd territory...and you say yours is standard matt?!

fast for a 1.6, run out of puff above 80 without breathing mods... itb'd they go well

Handling is about about the same as the williams I would say... but thats comparing an 02 plate car with 4.5k on the clock to an N reg car with 100+k, not really a fair comparison huh?

Agreed however, they are faster than a valver... williams has it though imo.

The saxscroat and 106 was just a new nova

so you think then mine is chipped?

its an r reg and limits over 7.5k and the speedo is on about 97-100mph at limiter in 5th and 120-123 in 4th and 5th goes off clock at 140mph before limiter

ive had a few valvers and NEVER one quicker than this 106 gti in a straight line from standstill

my 160k mile williams was NOT as afaster either and from what i remember is may be close between the williams i sold DAZ alli remember about that car was forever changing gear and i COULDNT get away from my mates 106 gti which my 106 gti is quicker than his.

the mods on my 106

pipercross filter
    spare wheel removed
    decat pipe
    magnex rear
    limiter is at bout 7600rpm which i thought was standard

i may be wrong on the williams side and maybe i just owned a couple of bad ones

but i would bet anything on it pulling away from ANY valver with similar mods

i would definatly have a £10 wager on a race with a standard williams... well at least the 2 i used to own anyway..

im not the only one that thinks this looking on the search thread, i am VERY unbiased on car views as i have owned allsorts in past.

i genuinely do think my 106 is as quick as a williams

anyway **** it im not arsed lol

my 106 is a runabout

i have a 300bhp GTIR and went in a 475 bhp saph cossie earlier running 29psi!!! which was just STUPID quick, not quite as fast off mark as pulsar but **** me when the power was down(30mph + it was a rocket), makes the 106/williams look like kia prides

when we argue about the speeds of are cars its so irrelivant because in the world of cars out there both the 106 gti's and the williams are an embarrassment to the real fast cars of this world

the only word that shouldbe used to describe either is "nippy"