Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    You probably get beaten up at work anyway Mitchy. Something to do with being unpopular, nothing to do with what car you drive.

Forum User
    LOL

Unpopular on max power forums only mate

It was always you guys that started this drivel on cliosport too.

Its like you all have something to prove. You aint fooling me mate!

Banned
    Were you embarrassed walking into a SEAT dealership and asking for a 'sports car'?

It's just like the good old days.....Ahhh

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    Were you embarrassed walking into a SEAT dealership and asking for a 'sports car'?
    Coming from a male who owns a renault clio

Like i said, i'd get beaten up as its a girls car, or should i say poof's car

Banned
    Are you a good driver Mitchy? I mean a fast driver? Round a circuit? Can you cut it with the men, or do you play with the boys?

Forum User
    You biting king I'm only playing with you mate

I've never taken my car on track so i suppose i'd be a bit poo. You'd probably kick my ass on track the first couple of times until i had a bit of experience

Im sure the clio williams is as good as its always been. It had a good write up in the evo article and can easily handle todays performance hatches.

However IMO it aint the king of hatches. It may have go kart abilities but thats about it compared with todays hatches. Straight line speed/comfort/styling/standard equipment it gets left trailing way behind.

I weren't going to start all this drivel but you guys made it so easy by slating my car, i thought why not do the same.

As to the original post. I think the williams driver took the other driver completely unaware or the story is 1 sided

I'm off to work now so i expect 6 pages by tomorrow morning with everything from mitchy you asshole to SEAT is a cheap Audi and the LCR is an oil tanker. You have to be 45 to drive a seat and so on and so on.

I await your witty responses especially you jesus

Forum User
    i very much disagree mitchy.. there is several williams on here that can readily break the 150 mph barrier.

J o n
    Mitchy makes me laugh, i'm amazed he can afford to run and buy any car given his forum IQ is that of a reprobate. Yes it's French, yes it's a girls car, yes they rust... but it's not a Seat and that's the main thing! I love the way you make out like your driving a marque of distinction... unlucky pal, but you drive a re-badged Skoda wannabe who's engine is the VW, Audi and Seat whore. Badge snobbery from a Seat owner, whatever next...

As for Max Power... didn't you own a Scoob... and in the same year try and vote the BNP into power?

Why would we want to ban you anyway, I take humour in your posts and their repetitiveness, although maybe you could try and insult the Clio from a different angle as you are quite boring. I'd actually like to take you out in my car though still, you'd be shocked at the performance and I'd promise not to leave your blood soaked carcass on the moors... no really!

Banned
    Straight line speed - 0-60 in mid 6's standard. 134 mph top speed. 1/4 mile in 14 to 15 as standard. Nothing today in the hot hatch market that would blow that away

Equipement - It was deliberately designed by Reno to have no equipment, so thats a non sensical argument. Its a rally homologation car. It doesnt need equipement.

Styling - Of course it looks 10 years old. It is 10 years old. But still looks agressive and fast, unlike todays bubble cars. No hatched today with flaired arches.

Comfort - Most people who have driven one agree with me that the williams seats are some of the best you will find anywhere in any car

Handling - Will easily keep pace with any modern hatch, and alot of cars not even in its price range. Dont beleive the hype that the 182 is a better drive, better handler or more balanced. It isnt. And neither is the V6.

You have to remeber this is driving tales, not confort tales. Williams drivers really dont care about equipement or styling, although the williams is still one of the most striking cars around today (everyone recongises what it is).

The Williams isnt the best performer in all areas, there are other cars that can outperform it in certain areas.

What the Williams is, is an fantastic all rounder. The thing that does make it still the king of hatches is that it is more than just a car. It has something that the 205 gti, 182 and Golf gti will never have. It is recognised by everyday people that know nothing about cars, as a Clio Williams. Everyone knows its gold wheels and distictive badges. It has become an icon. And that is why soon it will also become a classic.