Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mitchy Mitchy Mitchy.

Why anyone would buy a Cupra R if speed was their primary need i do not know. Id buy a Cupra R if i was a balding middle aged man with kids, but felt i needed a bit of BHP to make up for my small cock. But ill let that one slip for now. 5 door

Also, like the Jesus said, if you beleive that a standard Williams actually does 0-60 in 7.4 seconds after its run in, then i have some ocean front property in Birmingham you may like to purchase. You can knock half a second off a Williams 0-60 just by raising the rev limit so you dont need 2 changes to get there.

Im sure your 320 BHp Cupra would hand my Williams its ass on a plate on the road or on the track. Just as Daimkis' throttle bodies 9k rev limit Williams would hand your Cupra its ass on a plate and then make you eat it. Its swings and roundabouts.

But at the end of the day, i really dont care if the other guy has a faster car than me. Because i would prefere to beat a faster car using my skill, agression, eye hand cooridination and race craft. And fool can chip a car to 320 bhp and press the accelerator.

Forum User
    I have probably driven the most cars on this forum spanning the last 26 years including a 400+Bhp RS500 Cosworth, the Williams for a 11yr old car is unbelievable, all these driving tales are and always will be a little bit slanted in favour of the "teller" but there harmless fun.

There appears to be a fixation for BHP, in reality its all about usability, its the handling and braking that on todays modern roads that are more important. I would never knock your motor, but is after all only a spanish Fiat, that has no pedigree or class, indeed in 11 years time is unlikely to be remembered with any affection at all.

A guy I know has just had an LCR (225)..
    Oh and King, he's a middle aged copper, whos really fat and sweaty and has never had a girlfriend - just for reference.

As Mitchy said, there's nowt between it and my 172 (or any of the hot hatches really) below 100.... as the speeds rise, you can see his extra power continue to build his momentum and start to pull away.

As a motorway car, I think they take some beating. What really lets them down in my book (and it's a personal thing) it the fact negotiating them through a set of bends is like steering a fully laden super tanker through a gigantic bowl of porridge. Sooooo heavy.

Good brakes though. And you can't argue with 270 bhp for £500......

Banned
    I can argue with 5 doors though.

J o n
    Lagerlout, good points there, I'd agree with that to a degree, you always get faster or slower cars though. If a 172 is as quick as the 225bhp one, which sounds about right, as the 225's are just off pace of a hybrid valver I know of ;)

...now, the 210 cant be as fast as the 225... so going by the laws of common sense i'd imagine that the 210 is not as quick... hence the Williams pulling away?

are you sure it's not just a case of I own a Cupra and it's the fastest car in the world? I mean yours will be megga fast as it's modded... like your Scoob apparently was. Reality of it is neither of those two cars are particularly awe inspiring on performance as standard. My m8's is modded and FEELS a lot faster than it actually is... in reality it struggles with a 2.0 FWD N/A car... I know as the speeds rise he'd pulverise me, but who races o 130 or more these days? I usually stop at 100 or so if starting at lower speeds, it's got silly a few times i'll admit... but very rare, i'd not trust some random dood to be racing to daft speed.

Banned
    I have to agree. Williams 0002 would deffo beat Williams 0200. And by a number of car lengths.

Jills 172 is also pretty quick.

Some 172's ive driven have been slowwwwww

J o n
    just found some stats on the Cupra...

zero to boredom is the best in it's class, in fact it's yet to be beaten!

it also boasts the biggest OAP cult following. According to recent reports as many as 500 OAP's turned out to the Seat open day held at Manchester Senile Dementia Retirement Hospice to pay homage to the little VAG powered beast. One onlooker said "yeah, tis great, in my day we didn't have cars like these, I can piss meself and the urine just falls harmlessly off the leather and into the footwell, it's reet good!"

Banned
    I have found a website with the original manufacturers stats.

40-60: yes thats the correct age group to buy the car

Brakes: Yes frequent loo stops unless you go for the colostomy option (colostomy option includes drivers and passenger bag, silicon tubing and gold plated cathetar)

Spare tyre: Comes as standard on all owners waists

Tool kit: Comes with self-vasectomy kit and emergency Countdown board game.

Some other interesting facts about the Cupra R:

Its the only car in the world to be reccommended by the American dental association, the American Diabetic association and Oxfam.

NASSA used the aerodynamic design to build its toilet block at cape canaveral.

The paint on the Cupra R is specially designed to reflect attention

Shell is interested in the steering system to fit it to its oil tankers.

Forum User
    Well, I fall into that age range and yet I would never ever ever BUY one

Forum User
    LOL @ this thread.

Comparing an LCR to a clio williams

If i wanted the chav boyracer image and an a 11 year old car i would have bought 1. Some of you guys are living in the past. Cars have moved on and the clio williams is way behind.

I wasn't going to start this drivel but some of you are in the clouds with your little tin cans.

I'd probably get beaten up if i turned up at work in an 11 yr old renault clio. Some have pride, some dont give a shit.

Move on with the times guys. Im sure you dont wear shell suits and have 18 inch mobile phones so why bleat on about a prehistoric old heap.

Awaiting ban