Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Forum User

willy 3 vs seat leon cupra r

i was heading to work early sunday morning just approaching large r.a with a bmw in front of me and im taking the exit of r.a onto long stretch of dual carriageway and im hoping the 3 series is going to do the same so i can waste him (was a 318 ci new shape) but he turns right so im in 2nd and spot red cupra r just ahead of me on inside lane of dual carriageway so i nail it in 2nd and im in outside lane by this time hes seen me and has started to boot it to try and not let me pass but im side by side max revs in second into 3rd and im away from him kept it floored in 3rd was up to 90mph had pulled several car lengths on him and he had been humbled, i think he underestamated the williams. my car has hillpower stage 1 conversion and a full magnex by the way. was happy as they are 210bhp iirc.

Good work fella, imo those cupra r's are'nt really quick till high speeds as they weight so much....unless they are tuned, then you'll get whooped! lol

Forum User
    I wonder what his version of events is like

That's the great things about driving drivels, its all down to the imagination as its all 1 sided

You overtook him as he was unaware. You were already booting it upto his rear end before he reacted meaning you were travelling with higher speed and most importantly momentum. By the time it took the Cupra R to react and to overcome the turbo lag you were already past. Dont take the brains of an archbishop to work that 1 out

Hardly a race mate. If overtaking a car flicks your switch then there's plenty of porsches and ferraris out there that you can overtake and claim a scalp on

Give yourself a pat on the back

IMO no performance hatch will pull significantly on any other performance hatch if both drivers are on the ball with the speeds you have mentioned. Its not until you start getting higher up the scale when the RS's/LCR's/CTR's etc will start to pull away

J o n
    ... but Mitchy, why's a Cupra R fast? I'd piss on a 210bhp one... for fun! Your chipped up one may be fast, but lets keep it real eh?

Banned
    Aweful cars, simply aweful cars.

Forum User
    Its not that fast mate im just stating that the speeds mentioned are unrealistic for any car to pull on another.

The LCR is circa 0-100 of 17 secs which of course is not great but it would take a pretty special williams to make any ground on it 2nd/3rd gear.

I now have 320hp running through mine with over 270 @ wheels but speeds mentioned 60-90mph i doubt i'd pull much on any other performance hatch.

Its what happens beyound them speeds that you can call a scalp

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    Aweful cars, simply aweful cars.
    No need to slate the williams mate

Have you driven 1 to be able to back up your opinion?

You gonna run up @ Pod Mitchy? Should shift a bit with 320 bhp...once you've got it moving.

Forum User
    We own different cars as it would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same so im not starting the rubbish off of i own an oil tanker and you own a tin shed etc. A williams will easily trounce an LCR on the twisty B roads. An LCR will easily trounce a williams on a motorway.

Keep it calm and civilised stromba

With 320 i'd be hoping to push low-mid 13's. A TT i know of with 360bhp is consistently hitting 12.9 @ pod but it does have 4wd launch but then again it also has 4wd losses when moving

Back to the original post, i was just stating for 2 performance hatches with on the ball drivers at the speeds mentioned (2nd/3rd) there's never going to be a significant win/loss.

J o n
    well Mitchy, I know how anal you are and how much you love looking at the Lax Power car figures, but Rob's std Williams is 0-60 in 6.8... that's with 2 gear changes... Northy's is 7.1 and to be fair he's not the most experienced 1/4 miler, that was on his first day on a wet/muddy track. So basically all this talk of stats is bollox. My car shouldn't be as fast as my m8's Scooby with 250+bhp (RR'd at Jap Inovations Oldham)... but it is... and he still wasn't even starting to pull at 120+ mph. I think you actually need to get out there and drive before you form an opinion, as your's is all theory no practise. Bring yourself to York and you can see for yourself... I'm sure one of the lads of here will more than give you a good straight line race too (i'm assuming you wont be wanting to do corners? )