Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spent all day trying to fix this ****er, and after fitting a new cable assembly in, the end that fits onto the pedal keeps ****ing popping off out of the plastic! Does anybody know why it keeps doing this as I really can't be bothered with it anymore....been doing it all day.

you got pm mate, had this when got to a meet other week in bloody donnington, was f'in n blindin as knew i had to sort it to limp back to sheffield!

have you poped it through the guide ?, as it goes over the top of the pedel there is a guide eye you have to put it through then it drops down and hooks in.

if i was at home i could get some pics but sadly im away on business and now where near my house :S

i have a brand new pedal assembly on the table so could get some nice pics otherwise

i did mate, took forever n all to 'feel' it blind through the loop! still snapped, pattern parts - not worth the hassle!

Cheers for the pm coops....finally got it sorted after many hours of bloodshed and frustration... Thanks to Big HP for sorting me out an oe cable....as u said coops...the paturn ones are shit! The bit I really struggled with was getting the end of the wire through the hole in the footwell. The way that u have to tie the wire to the stopper part means that it kind of only pulls the wire when the end get near the hole. It took me ages to work it out, but eventually I used some electrical tape to make sure that the wire I tied on was straight inline with the clutch cable so it does not jab in the hole. Definately don't want to do one of these again for a while....saved myself some money doing it myslef though. Thanks for all the help peeps.

i cant stress how important it is to use genuine cables the pattern ones are cr@p and WILL leave you stranded out in the middle of no where

been there bought nothing but genuine cables since

As above, made the mistake of buying a non-genuine cable once... but never again!

lol, now i find this out!

cars still in disgrace other side of sheffield where cable snapped for second time in as many days! luckly thats was at me missus' mam's! :P

Forum User
    i have a non gen cable fitted currently, had to re-fit after geuine cable was too short