Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snapped Clutch Cable

My clutch cable decided to snap on the way home from work tonight right on a hill, so I had not gears...great fun! Thats the accelerator, clutch and bonnet cables all snap this year Just wondering how easy they are to replace? Would appreciate some kind of rough guidance on how to replace it. Thanks Matt

evil, just done mine and it snapped again. make sure u get a genuine renault replacement that was my mistake and when u remove the old one note the routing, particularly round exhaust downpipe!

easy in terms of putting cable in, whip off battery, airbox and exhaust heat shield then unclip from gearbox end and feed out. unhook for pedal end (or if its snapped just pull!

refit by routing cable from pedal end first, difficult bit this as you have to go up and through the pedal housing n hole is really small! i used a bit of wire to pull it through! then feed through the locating loop and up the back of the clutch pedal over auto-adjuster ensuring sits into groove correctly, then push up the clip that holds it (spring loaded) and hook the end in. i removed bottom trim panel to help me see! then route the cable behind zorst and clip to subframe routing points, up and over gearbox and round to the mounting. loop through and hook onto release lever on gearbox. the push pedal but be careful cuz if the cables too short it'll pop straight out the pedal mounting hook and get stuck (well annoying) if shud put up usual stiif valver resistance straight away then ratchet itself on the auto adjuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    evil, just done mine and it snapped again. make sure u get a genuine renault replacement that was my mistake and when u remove the old one note the routing, particularly round exhaust downpipe!

easy in terms of putting cable in, whip off battery, airbox and exhaust heat shield then unclip from gearbox end and feed out. unhook for pedal end (or if its snapped just pull!

refit by routing cable from pedal end first, difficult bit this as you have to go up and through the pedal housing n hole is really small! i used a bit of wire to pull it through! then feed through the locating loop and up the back of the clutch pedal over auto-adjuster ensuring sits into groove correctly, then push up the clip that holds cable on pedal(spring loaded) and hook the end of cable in. i removed bottom trim panel to help me see! then route the cable behind zorst and clip to subframe routing points, up and over gearbox and round to the mounting. loop through and hook onto release lever on gearbox. the push pedal but be careful cuz if the cables too short it'll pop straight out the pedal mounting hook and get stuck (well annoying) if shud put up usual stiif valver resistance straight away then ratchet itself on the auto adjuster.

Cheers m8...sounds like fun Thats my mission for the weekend. Nice little guide. Matt

Is it best to go for an oe cable then or is a copy ok?

genuine best..

Forum User
    it'll take ages the first tiem, but i did mine 6 times and can do it in half hour now

Forum User
    also if you'd have looked there is a guide how to do it

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=8669

hmm was fun doing summys cable that first time lol and same day we also did my stearing column :S

Quote Originally Posted by Naples_16V
    also if you'd have looked there is a guide how to do it

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=8669
    Yes, I found that earlier m8.....cheers.