Thread: Holiday pay

Holiday pay

I wondered if theres anyone who can shed some advice.. basically ive just changed jobs, I got paid monthly from my last job, i got paid a week after i left but because i work one week in arrears therefore worked a full months pay, i didnt get any holiday pay straight away and had to ask to get my holiday pay, i was owed a weeks worth of holiday pay but it seems they docked me one weeks pay then paid me my holiday pay which left me just £50 better off than i was before..

anyone know where i stand? they have really pi$$ed me off cos i was looking forward to putting that money towards an angelworks head job :( have to wait even longer now :'(

Dave

What was your pay date from your old job and what date did you finish, just to clarify??

I left on the 3rd of this month, got paid on the 10th

well it all depends on when your pay dates run to/from?

You say you work a week in arrears? So by that do you mean you get paid for the calendar month from the 1st - 31st but you get paid on the 10th?

ie - your pay on the 10th Nov is for period 1st Oct to 31st Oct?

If this is the case you should have been paid, 1 months normal pay, plus the extra days you worked in November (1st to 3rd), plus your weeks holiday pay you were due.

if i get paid on the tenth which i usually do, its from the 3rd of the month before to the 3rd of that current month, been trying to work it out because i was off sick for a week about 6 months ago and got a full months pay on the 10th, then the month later i had a deduction which worked out for SSP

Dave

Its common that they will deduct your days off sick the next month, as the time you were off they may have already processed the wages.

But, if your payroll defo runs from the 3rd to the 3rd, then you should have got a normal months pay plus your weeks holiday pay owed.

They have deducted a weeks pay for something, it could be more time you ahve had off sick, or it may be that the payroll actually runs form the 10th to the 10th and not the 3rd as you think. In which case you worked a week short of a full month - hence the deduction.

Give them a call an ask what dates the payroll defo runs from. Based on that you can then scream at them for not payin you right or see that its correct. I had a similar incident regarding overtime when I left a company once. The overtime totaled over 600 quid.

A £75 solicitors letter soon made them pay up.

Ok thats good, i ring my work everyday for car parts and stuff, (motor factors) it's my time to scream at them this time