Hi everyone picked up my new valver today from leeds loving it until earlier when I started it up it was making 2 ticking noises. One was a light ticking noise and went off after I drove a few mins so thought nothing about it. The other was a kind of grinding noise like something been bashed about, had only just started so hoped an oil change would sort it.

Changed the oil and it was totally black with no more than 2 litres in! Started it up seems to have stopped the light ticking but the bashing noise was still there. Went home as it sounded pretty nasty, opened the bonnet and asked my GF to rev it slightly whilst I listened trying to hear where abouts it was coming from. 2 secs later it made a little bang and died at about 3k revs. Tried starting it bk up but just made a clicking noise like the starter motor was stuck.

Decided to call the AA see what they had to say. Bloke comes round says we'll try bumping it see what happens. Tried down my street and the wheels locked up, engine now totally seized.

Thing I cant understand is why the enigne has seized when it has loads of oil still in it? My mates alternator belt was badly frayed once and the noise my car was making sounded similar. AA suggested my timing belt has gone but would the car not turn over with no compression if this was true? Any ideas lads im really fed up. Getting a megane engine and box this week only thing ive got to look forward to. Still totally confused as to what has broken on this engine though?

Anyway I would really appriciate any help or suggestions, thanks again, Rob.