Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Forum User
    is the same manifold as the 1.8 in mine

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by brammer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    agree with clean16v though, you shouldn't be advertising it as a 2.0 on the off chance it is then start asking for more money, that's a bit dodgy imo.
    I said if i would keep and do the jobs that need doing and resell at as higher price as it would be worth it, CLEAN16V need to read posts before he starts replying to them
    not really, changing the story constantly promotes distrust. it's either a 2.0 or it's a 1.8, but on the say so of "this guy I once met at a pub who used to be a race driver.... blah blah blah" is worth nothing when people are spending a big amount of money. You have no recipts and are basically guessing that it's a hybrid and advertising it as so with zero proof on the basis it "feels" fast... now your having a dig because he's asking questions you cant answer... ridiculous. Personally if it were up to me I'd ban you.
    i'm getting bored of this, its a clio and a runnaround and i want rid because its a car for a young boy not me, my partner needs another car as she won't drive this, fair enough i never had 100% proof it was 2.0 and no i don't have a printout for the RR it was a quick run as its a mates garage it was done at, i ain't lying at all i have no need to, to cure all the problem I ADVERTISE AS A 1.8 CLIO and if its something else then whatever, it owes me £1200 which i originally advertised it as which remains the same, the history for what bit it has is genuine, it MOT'd and a fairly clean car, just to add there is no chip for definate in it i've looked this morning but i can't find the engine number???
    the simple solution would have been to advertise it as a quick valver until you knew then, as hybrids go for more. it's not fair to potential buyers, but either way, if your now going to advertise it as a 1.8 then no problem.

As regards the chip it would only be a piggy back unit soldered inside the original Siemans ECU box anyway. IMO from the sounds of it its just a fast valver, the rev limit is sounding too much like a valver one, which is usually 7800rpm after a chip. The only Williams running near that blew up pretty quickly.

Ive offered to go round and have a look...no reply.

Who's this tuner..?

I will likely know him.

Just for the record, the willy crank is fine for far more than 7.2k rpm. :D

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    Really? Almost every other engine tuner I have spoken to have said it's highly unsafe running it at anything over 7200rpm weird

Forum User

Who's this tuner..?

I will likely know him.

Sorry mate i thought you said you live in wales, if you come up here i'll take you out in it and see what you think, it's deffo not chipped as the piggyback hasn't been touched and there is no markings on the chip that would identify it as an aftermarket item, i've just been down the motorway and its a ****ing fast car then for a 1.8, i'll have it roaded again around here as it was done by a mate in cheshire, if it is a 1.8 then i would deffo get another rolling road as the one it went on must need calibarating or something as thats way to much for a standard car which is suposed to be 137??? bhp.

The car is still for sale £1200 which is still around the right price for one of these isn't it???

Are you sure they were teling you the crank itself? Conrod bolts i would suggest uprating past circa 7.2k. pistons wouldnt like near 8k i wouldnt have thought.

My Williams revs to 9k fine. Thats a std crank dynamicaly blaanced....forged pistons and H-section rods.

Im also pretty sure the greek T.B lump is on a std crank.

Who's this tuner..?

I will likely know him.

Sorry mate i thought you said you live in wales, if you come up here i'll take you out in it and see what you think, it's deffo not chipped as the piggyback hasn't been touched and there is no markings on the chip that would identify it as an aftermarket item, i've just been down the motorway and its a f***king fast car then for a 1.8, i'll have it roaded again around here as it was done by a mate in cheshire, if it is a 1.8 then i would deffo get another rolling road as the one it went on must need calibarating or something as thats way to much for a standard car which is suposed to be 137??? bhp.

The car is still for sale £1200 which is still around the right price for one of these isn't it???
    Im from Carlisle mate, but currenty living in wales...all my family is still there...just me here lol. i might be up home next weekend is what i was saying...i can pop round and check the engine code for you.

I think why peoples backs are up is as i said before, youve advertised it for sale as a 2.0...regardless of price...and your now basing that on hearsay or comments from a third party, without any solid proof.

Who is this tuner bloke who said it was a 2.0 anyway?

J o n
    Are you sure they were teling you the crank itself? Conrod bolts i would suggest uprating past circa 7.2k. pistons wouldnt like near 8k i wouldnt have thought.

My Williams revs to 9k fine. Thats a std crank dynamicaly blaanced....forged pistons and H-section rods.

Im also pretty sure the greek T.B lump is on a std crank.
    yeah pretty sure... but having said that the 172 crank isn't any different really to the Williams one is it? I'll be doing the bottom end on mine early next year with crank, rods, pistons to hold more revs, possibly 182 fanimold and some headwork too... depends how mental I go lol

Brammer, £1200 for a rapid valver is a good price yeah, for a hybrid it would be too cheap imo, you could get close to £2k if all these fools stopped selling their Williams for less than they are worth.

Forum User
    Thejesus - cheers mate £1200 is what i want for the car.

Stan - if you are going to be up here next week pm me your number before you come and i'll arrange to meet you

and if you do meet, let me know the findings ;)