Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    Yes mate I am. No way I can pay for it bk now, engine seized up on mine yesterday so im totally screwed for money, I do think it is a mint car I loved it to bits when it was mine. Does seem to go really well was gutted I had to sell but needed the money at the time.

Has had loads of new parts including new steering column, brand new clutch about 1000 miles before I sold it, new dogbone mount and pedal assembly. Someone will be getting a bargain for the money you are asking, good luck with the sale mate.

Forum User
    Sorry to hear that rob, what car did you buy ???

Forum User
    Another valver close to where I live, totally gutted but should be picking up an engine this week, hopefully fitted very soon.

Forum User
    is this 100% a hybrid? 2litre engine?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by clean16v
    is this 100& a hybrid?
    i'm confused, its a 2.0 engine

Forum User
    I bought the car believing it was a standard valver but I do think something has been done to it. I do not know much about cars. Seemed very quick for what it was a lot quicker than the valver I have just bought was before it seized up. lol. Dont know how you check a williams engine? Cheers, Rob.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by brammer
    Quote Originally Posted by clean16v
    is this 100& a hybrid?
    i'm confused, its a 2.0 engine
    There seems to be some confusion regarding the engine. Is there proof that this is a 2litre?

Forum User
    I was going to buy the car bk from him but it is miles and miles away from me now. Rang me up and told me it has been checked by someone who knows more and they say it is a 2.0l engine. I cannot say I did any of that work as I know nothing about cars, I just bought it with the same engine in it. Deffinatly think something has been done to it, ripped an old starlet turbo when I owned it, seems to go really well.

Forum User
    Their is no receipt with the engine but needed a mates opinion who knows these cars, he drove it and said straight away its way to fast for a valver, and whilst at the petrol station yesterday some lad pulled up in a valver and got speaking to him and asked him if he'd go down the motorway to see what the difference between the two are and from the way i left him on the sliproad there is no question that its a 2.0, after i spoke to him after and his was proven 145bhp and he said there was no way he could even try and keep up.

Well as i've not got any receipts for the engine etc, its just my word, i am a ex peugeot race machanic so know what i'm on about, this feels as quick as my 170bhp frst if not more as you run out of road through the gears i 've been out in it this morning and confirm to rev to 7600 rpm easy so wondering if its been chipped as well i'd have to check the ECU to confirm., the car is a good price even if it were just a valver so its a bonus

Forum User
    standard 2l rev limit is 6900....is this not just a quick 1.8?

Can you check the engine stamp? just under the inlet manifold, or post a picture of the exhaust manifold?