In-car brake bias valve

How easy to do?

Im overhauling the brakes currently, as was wondering if it is something i should think about.

Anyone done this/have any experience of this. is it a worthwhile thing to do?

cheers.

Forum User
    front to rear bias is usually done on the pedal box etc. not really worth doing on a road car. you could put an adjustable rear brake vavle in but as long as the one underneath on the rear beam is working there is nothing to be gained. also if the rear of the car is stripped so lighter and never carrying passengers the baack of the car is so light that its will only ever require little amounts of brakes. thus a properley working standard well adjusted renault item should be fine.

it would be good to fit one mate - give it ago....if u dont like just leave it at factiry settings,

ive really gotta make a decision about this 2nite.

the brake lines will need to be swaped over so it aint diagonal anymore.

hmmm...

Forum User
    Fairly easy job to fit ~~ Wilwoods make one,All you need do is pick up the main front to rear brake line,if there are two from the front servo,plumb them into a "T" piece,and with ONE outlet,connect to the bias adjuster (new one) take a feed off from the outlet,and plumb the reverse to the rears and then bin the standard Renault item ~~ whilst easy to do,there is not a lot to be gained ~~ especially on road car.As suggested a bias pedal box ~~ with remote master cylinders,one for the front and one for the rear is the better option ~~ you can lock the rears or fronts etc at the twist of a knob or set it up with any bias you choose to suit your style of driving,got one for the rally car ~~ not cheap,plus you need to replumb the whole system,effective though.I choose to run no servo's at the moment,with 330 x 25 mm discs,using carbo~ceramic pads,Alcon 4 pots,I am told,I shoulb be able to stand the car on its nose !!! so I need to feel the pedal ~~~ more reports on this after we test etc.

cool. dont think ill bother with it just now. gotta cut and fit new unions for the braided lines as someone has been in and rounded 3 outa 4 of the union nuts!

Forum User
    This is on my list, along with other braking system mods