Forum User

2.0 clio VS NEW Golf GTi

came through my village stuck to my arse, silver one just like in the advert...

onto the dual carrage way we came, and i let him passed... Soon decided, what the hell, lets give it a go. I was a little bit warey at first as i didn't want to get shown up!

caught him up, and we both cruised along in the inside lane at about 65-70ish - dropped down on cam, and he blasted it, caught me unaware, but stuck it in 3rd, and by the end of the gear, come 4th i was sat on his arse lol... he wasn't going anywhere, he was really going for it, but i was all over him. Kept having to back off. Eventually, him well and truely beaten, i held back, and he floored it off into the distance... haha, unlucky!!!

lovely car, apart from the rear end!!! looks means as from the front, but why ohh why, stick a black plastic rear bumper on it!!!

anyway, what are these meant to run 200bhp???

Banned
    Wouldnt waste petrol on a Golf.

A car so dull they named it after the most boring sport ever invented.

'Ok, ve are down to ze last two names and ve have to make a decison on the name of zis car'

'Not sure i like VW badminton, Hans'

'Ok, Golf it is'

Just sold my Golf Gti to buy a van and my williams, The Golf was like a big slug on the road how they can call it a gti . The williams is like a gocart compared to the slug oops I mean the Golf.

Forum User
    I have to agreee with you about the black plastic bumper on the new GTI, makes it look like a base model imo. Would really have been that much effort to paint the damn thing the smae colour as the car

They are 197bhp but weigh just over 1300kg. <Thats the problem. I like putting Golf drivers in there place. Nice cars though

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Enid
    I have to agreee with you about the black plastic bumper on the new GTI, makes it look like a base model imo. Would really have been that much effort to paint the damn thing the smae colour as the car
    yeah! you hearing this Northy!? ;)

hehehe

Forum User
    He could still be running the Golf in aswell, they've not been out all that long have they....... Not that i like them though, jsut the figures seem to be quite good for them