Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You must be missing some point, if you think he (or anyone else who owns a V6) is pissed off that a Williams is only a couple of seconds slower a lap. Not everyone buys a car looking for the best price/performance ratio - you seem to miss this point, because you said...

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    even more of a diff in price then. not bein funny, but i think id be as pissed off as he seemsto be if a car worth 1/4 of his, with a less experienced track driver at the wheel is still somewhere near on a track

there is the point that ppl will buy whatever they want. which comes down to personal choice.

yes

doesnt mean we all have to agree on it tho.

doesnt mean we all have to agree on it tho.
    Very true indeed. Kinda what I was pointing out - people want different things from different cars

One point you are missing 2Live is as follows: -

He is not upset at the fact that you, or any other person, owns a less expensive car that is capable of similar performance on track. In fact we have both stated from the outset that on track all the Clio’s would have similar performance. (A statement that put us both on the wrong side of the V6 crew). But a statement that we have proved to be true, we both owned 182’s and we both lapped at identical times. Steve bought a V6 and we still lap with very similar times, only on circuits with long enough straights does the V get the edge.

Now, if you had wanted to put your car up against his V to compare performance you only needed to talk to him. I’m sure Steve would have been more than happy to oblige. And would no doubt have enjoyed doing so, no matter which car seemed to get around a track the quickest.

One more point I would like to put across.
    This giant killing act that prevails on this and other Clio forums, we both actively encourage it and have done similar things ourselves. You guys have some pretty impressive cars, hats off to you.

But 2Live, you know what you did to cause the resentment, so lets all learn from it and enjoy the track time from now on.

il take him up on that offer next time were on a trackday together.....if he trusts my dangerous driving

il take him up on that offer next time were on a trackday together.....if he trusts my dangerous driving
    I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as your in front..

id rather have a dangerous driver behind me tbh......spesh if hes in a slower car...