Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Another Clio Project

Guess what,Bayliss & Flan can now breathe a sigh of
    belief .Being a well old "Surfer" With no f**kin idea,I have just learnt how to load pictures.
    Well here she is .The infamous Irish Car,awaiting me to put a recon JB5 box plus 1800 valver engine ~~ Ported head/chipped/Green filter Induction Kit/Big bore stainless exhaust.Has all the requirements for stage rallying,MSA logbook,needs "in date" harnesses,and extinguishers.Will be for sale in a couple of months ~~~ then my garage will be empty of Williams/Valver parts.
    Lots more pictures of my Rallying in the Clio ~~ old ones to follow ~~~ please tell me if you get bored of them !!! ~~~

SWEET!

btw you aint still got the pic mlarky just yet.....

if you add [img] then the link then [/img] it will display the pics rather than having to click any links!

Loving the rally clio's tho! Whats wrong with the harnesses in that pic? they look FIA approved 3" ones???

Forum User
    Stew voila !!!!! ~~~ many thanks for that
    There is nothing wrong with the harnesses,but as from January 1st 2006,the MSA introduced a new rule,that for Stage Rallying all harnesses must be FIA approved,and have the expiry date ~~ usually 5 years on a label stitched into them ~~~ EBAY was awash with harnesses like these ~~ no dates in them ~~ perfectly safe etc etc .ok for Road Rallies,Track day cars etc etc..Depending how I go ~~ if I get a reasonable offer for the major components Shell/engine box.etc etc might break it. :P

Ahh of course. Forgot about the date thing for the FIA new rules!

im looking for harness bar harnesses for my clio when i get my cage in (currently have 2" sparco 3 points which bolt to the floor, but really want 3" ones which will go on my harness bar), so if your wanting to punt the harnesses onto me for cheap then im all ears!

guess what lads heeeheee

1 year ago i nearly bought this car - if its the same one.

Was a really good spec from what i remember - whats been done to it in your ownership then mate ???

ah remember this lol...was a bit of a dog back then tho werent it??

if its the same one.

Thats not Rod's house so i doubt it. he had more than one Clio painted that colur and i think thats the one he sold, i have seen the one at his house and it looks good. At the end of the day its a Rally car not a show car.

Bargin though if anyone wants a track toy or rally car with history

Forum User
    2 Live and others ~~~ I only bought this to obtain some special bits from it.The guy who had it worked at Hursts of Belfast ~~~ Renault agents,and the "works" cars on the British Rally Championship,were based there on the Circuit of Ireland Rally,This car was actually the third points scoring Renault on that event behind Robbie Head & Alain Oreille He finished 35 or somewhere around there,I have got loads of documentation from Tim Jackson (Head of Renault sport) and the driver ~~ the deals were incredible :P :P .
    But basically the works cars went back with std suspension ~~~ this car has the GpN adjustable ride height struts,it also has a full set of Gp A engine /gearbox mountings,A close ratio gear cluster,and a 190bhp Williams engine,with Columbi ~ bariana cams,verniers,solid lifters,titanium valve caps.Flan bought the Discs and calipers,Bayliss bought a shed load of Wheels.I have taken the engine out,got a valver to put in,new Std Struts ~~ Williams,New discs etc to put on,recon JB5 box,8 Turbine wheels better Sparco seat.Like you said,it needs a bit of TLC,but when I tell you all,I got the lot,including the trailer a light pod,some new Speedlines and some compomotives,16 wheels n tyres in all,plus several gearboxes for under £2800
    I have sold the wheels,brakes,light pod,plus other bits n pieces, for around £2000. Got the proper gearbox and engine mounts on my own car,.So how much does this car & trailer stand me at ???

Quote Originally Posted by cliorod
    2 Live and others ~~~ I only bought this to obtain some special bits from it.The guy who had it worked at Hursts of Belfast ~~~ Renault agents,and the "works" cars on the British Rally Championship,were based there on the Circuit of Ireland Rally,This car was actually the third points scoring Renault on that event behind Robbie Head & Alain Oreille He finished 35 or somewhere around there,I have got loads of documentation from Tim Jackson (Head of Renault sport) and the driver ~~ the deals were incredible :P :P .
    But basically the works cars went back with std suspension ~~~ this car has the GpN adjustable ride height struts,it also has a full set of Gp A engine /gearbox mountings,A close ratio gear cluster,and a 190bhp Williams engine,with Columbi ~ bariana cams,verniers,solid lifters,titanium valve caps.Flan bought the Discs and calipers,Bayliss bought a shed load of Wheels.I have taken the engine out,got a valver to put in,new Std Struts ~~ Williams,New discs etc to put on,recon JB5 box,8 Turbine wheels better Sparco seat.Like you said,it needs a bit of TLC,but when I tell you all,I got the lot,including the trailer a light pod,some new Speedlines and some compomotives,16 wheels n tyres in all,plus several gearboxes for under £2800
    I have sold the wheels,brakes,light pod,plus other bits n pieces, for around £2000. Got the proper gearbox and engine mounts on my own car,.So how much does this car & trailer stand me at ???
    I'll give you £60 then!

Mat.

Forum User
    rallye slag very nice :D