Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Garstang & District Car Club ~~ Road Rally

Just for something different,it is over 15 years since I last drove on a road rally ~~~ which I was lucky enough to win ~~ due to the most part,of having a brilliant navigator,more than my driving skills.Our club is organising one inSeptember,and we need to see how they are run.Taking the Williams road car,as the others have very stict rules.apertaining to modifications ~~~ all interior trim has to be retained,"LEGALLY" the MSA control,these events and a 30mph average speed is mandatory .So various methods of navigation ~~ using 6 figure references on Ordnace survey maps is used.Will post a report Sunday if/when we finish ~~~ runs through the night

Where you from rod I'm from garstang area....

was gonna say that martin was in the garstang area, but he dont know what 30mph is! :P

Forum User
    Martin,I actually live in Foulridge ~~ end of the M65.We ~~ our Motor club are at HOGTON TOWERS on the 16th July,Classis car show,if you are in the area,come have a look.
    Turned out to be a cracking event,as far as we went .My navigator suffered from car ~~ sickness .Whether it was me ~~~ remains to be seen .But briefly,due to the navigation,etc ~~ plotting over 150 six ~~ figure references ~~ on the move,then finding tricky "slots",(junctions) on featureless moorland roads.I am afraid I had to exceed the speed limit .to keep to the time shedule,not by a lot ~~~ only about 35/40mph over the maximum allowed on motorways :D :P.Would have loved to take the Maxi ~~ Kit lookalike out .But unfortunately not allowed

Forum User
    Thanks for that Mark,much appreciated You will have to email an "Idiots" guide to posting pictures for me to work from.

Nice to see another clio being used for road rallys, i havnt seen another yet and i thought they would be one of the best choices

Nearly had a run out on that event with a navigator from Kirby Lonsdale but just put rack ends in so needed tracking and a lack of brake lines due to me plumbing in the handbrake wouldnt of helped

Heard it was a testing event but enjoyable pity alot of crews from our motor club suffered problems

Whats your next event, are you doing the 3 swans, can recommend the Countdown in july on are finest cumbrian roads :D

Forum User
    Twin cam ~~ I only "did" this event,to suss out how they run ~~ It is over 10ish years since I put an event on. for our club We want ours to be just as "legal" etc .Due my navvie feeling ill,I do not think,we will be doing anymore "road ~ rallies"
    .My next event will be the Tour of Mull,in October in the "Maxi" style Clio .~~~ Bring it on ~~~ Closed roads Pace notes ,Full house moulded Slicks YES PLEASE ~~ oh and plenty of beer Hic !!!! :P

can i come uncle rod, i'll be no trouble honest, lol hic

Forum User
    Do not Joke "Bayliss", If my "Driver" cannot make it for whatever reasons I will be looking for a co-driver :P .Someone with a reasonable intelligence ~~ do you fit the bill Mark ???? :P .I have got the notes,and have accomodation sorted.So you may get a call !!!!