Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by stew_punk
    We need a scottish meet soon, but im also interested in poping down at some point for a meet with the NW guys!

maybe meet half way?! some great roads around the borders for a burn

Forum User
    My Williams 3 is based in Aviemore...though I am currently working in Surrey..get home about once a month for 5 days or so...and I get out and have some fun on the Loch Laggan road to Spean bridge and Fort Williams..some great sections with long open roads and good sweeping bends....as well as some nice tight ones where the Willy comes to its own. Also the road up to Ullapool is good for some fun too.

I would like to make it to any of the Jock meets...hoping they coincide with my breaks at home.

I am the grandad of the club at 59 years young...but still like nothin better than a good fast run out either in my Willy 3 or my motor bike.

Having said all that I have only done 2000 miles in the past year ...1200 miles of that was a drive down to Surrey and back...so the car really is not getting proper use.....I have thought about offering it for exchnage [with cash] for a good old British bike..Triumph/Norton/BSA etc ..or a Ducati/Moto guzzi etc..not Japanese though.

Cheers for now

My Williams 1 is based in Fort William but I am working in Chicago so don't get home to use it much.

Forum User
    ahh okay, so every scottish williams is in a garage somewhere :P

Forum User
    Mines usually tucked away too, i'll be up for a wee meet sumplace

When I'm around it's not tucked up. I'm back for a bit at the end of this month so you may see it in Glsagow the last weekend in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatwilly
    My Williams 3 is based in Aviemore...though I am currently working in Surrey..get home about once a month for 5 days or so...and I get out and have some fun on the Loch Laggan road to Spean bridge and Fort Williams..some great sections with long open roads and good sweeping bends....as well as some nice tight ones where the Willy comes to its own. Also the road up to Ullapool is good for some fun too.

I would like to make it to any of the Jock meets...hoping they coincide with my breaks at home.

I am the grandad of the club at 59 years young...but still like nothin better than a good fast run out either in my Willy 3 or my motor bike.

Having said all that I have only done 2000 miles in the past year ...1200 miles of that was a drive down to Surrey and back...so the car really is not getting proper use.....I have thought about offering it for exchnage [with cash] for a good old British bike..Triumph/Norton/BSA etc ..or a Ducati/Moto guzzi etc..not Japanese though.

Cheers for now
    I think I spotted you a few months ago in Aviemore mate! Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJohn
    Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.
    didnt realise you were in livingstone mate. not far at all from us lot in edin!

Quote Originally Posted by stew_punk
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJohn
    Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.
    didnt realise you were in livingstone mate. not far at all from us lot in edin!

yeah theres a few about this area tbh. BTW I spotted the beast yesterday Stew - posted in the spotted section.

they usually brake down somewhere along the way mostly round the north west by the sounds of it.
    there is a few in the n/w some even work(most of the time)

maybe meet half way?! some great roads around the borders for a burn
    sounds like a plan