Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broke down on way back from FCS :(

Just got on the M1 on the way back from fcs when my engine cut out so I had to pull over and hard shoulder and wait for the AA while watching everyone else go home...inc Fatboy . To cut a long story short the AA recovery truck bloke towed me off the motorway but did not put the handbrake all the way off...so when we finally stopped the rears discs were smoking badly and the wheels were as hot as ****! stupid twat! Will be ringing the AA up tomorrow to get them to pay for my new discs and pads I think. When "proper engineer" actually came along he found out that a wire had melted on my manifold causing a fuse to blow and cut the engine out...so it was a fairly easy fix!

Forum User
    Oooh thats a bit of a bugger mate, at least the other bloke managed to sort it for you!

shit mate!!

hope its all good now thou

that was me that went past ya and beeped mate! should of stopped to lend a hand mate soz! bloody cars cost a fortune!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    that was me that went past ya and beeped mate! should of stopped to lend a hand mate soz! bloody cars cost a fortune!
    No worries m8...knew it was u cos I could see your track stickers from a mile off!

join the club lol I've just got home 5mins ago after I killed mine. Had to call the aa out but then the tow truck had a blowout!!

Re: Broke down on way back from FCS :(

Quote Originally Posted by MattyH16valver
    Just got on the M1 on the way back from fcs when my engine cut out so I had to pull over and hard shoulder and wait for the AA while watching everyone else go home...inc Fatboy . To cut a long story short the AA recovery truck bloke towed me off the motorway but did not put the handbrake all the way off...so when we finally stopped the rears discs were smoking badly and the wheels were as hot as f**k! stupid t**t! Will be ringing the AA up tomorrow to get them to pay for my new discs and pads I think. When "proper engineer" actually came along he found out that a wire had melted on my manifold causing a fuse to blow and cut the engine out...so it was a fairly easy fix!
    lol i saw ya car on the back.. Came past in the Black Vaver gave you a few dumps of the valve (NO HORN. LOL)

wondered who it was...

Re: Broke down on way back from FCS :(

[/quote]

lol i saw ya car on the back.. Came past in the Black Vaver gave you a few dumps of the valve (NO HORN. LOL)

wondered who it was...[/quote]

Think I saw ur car come past too...sounded awesome!

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    i saw u dude, posted it on the spotted section, but was to busy trying to gain on FATBOY and passed u too quick.

sorry bout that fella, should of pulled over

Here's whats resulted in mr AA man not taking off my handbrake and towing my car! They are starting to crumble....are they fooked by any chance?