Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDI brembo kit

Forum User

GDI brembo kit

This tale is 100% true, as most ppl who know me i do not bullshit about such matters.

On cliosport when andy advertised the 4 pot brembo kit for the clio 16v he had just got in, my interest was aroused and i inquired about a price.

I asked him via pm and he quoted me for a 4 pot kit including calipers pads, lines and none brembo discs.......wait for it......£949.99.

None the wiser at the time i thought...."thats a bit pricey, ill not buy that", then i saw the price the wilwood kit was going for around £350.00 i think.

Consequently my head hit the roof as it dawned on me that AndyGDI had prettt much tried ripping me on a quote off to the sum of £600.00 for a braking system that was pretty much exactly the same .

As a result what respect i had for Andy has been washed away completely and i will always hold him in a bad light thanks to theis latest incident.

P.S

Also before he says that he had to pay import duty on them which would bump the cost up, wilwood are an american firm so therefore would have cost more to import as brembo are based in the E.U.

Forum User
    yes... alot of people have issues with his company... and in particular his prices..
    I know of..hmmm quite a few people.

You get what you pay for....

...or you get ripped the **** off! lol

did you ask why they were so much more mate ?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by northy
    did you ask why they were so much more mate ?
    Seems a reasonable question, got to give the guy a chance to say why?

Banned
    I have stopped two friends spending alot of money there now. Must have cost him 500-1000 pounds now.

Forum User
    To be fair i dont see anyway on earth that you could justify a £600.00 price increase on a kit i know to be a nearly exact specification to the wilwood kit mark is offering for £350.00.

Also, i dont think i would regard any reason he gave me as acceptable for such an outrageous quote anyway.

Forum User
    You are probably right, but surely it wouldn't be worth his time to rip anyone on either site off, would it? if it is then he's stupid and shooting himself in the foot, however it would be interesting to really get his answer, I don't know the guy, but I suspect Northy posed the question to give him the chance to put his case, if it don't stack up then bingo end of story...just my 2 francs worth, I will always follow the advice from the members on here, TBH I believe in the death penalty, just want to know all the facts before I pass sentance

I'm sure he has justification for the prices he sets. You need to give the fella chance to explain why before saying stuff like you're being ripped off etc.