Thread: EEEEEEEK!

Forum User

EEEEEEEK!

DOH!
    97MPH on motorway. unmarked cop car in kendal coming back from a weekend away. Awaiting Summons.
    Still in two year probationary period, until December this year!
    Copper said that it was 1MPH over the fixed penalty cutoff of 96MPH, which would have been 3 points and a £60 fine.
    2 year probationary period is anything over 6 points then you get banned and its a re-test :(
    :'(
    Anyone any ideas what the outcome may be at the summons? I am trying to get a letter from work since i use car for Oncall etc.

unless you are an emergency service they won't help you with the speed you were doing but if you get a letter asking them to take it into account and if you havn't had any previous convictions you may escape an ban but i'd be prepared for a larger fine! best person to speak to about this is gunner though as he should know all the options possible

DOH!!!!!!!

Shitter dude.....but I got caught doing 62 in a 30 in my first year of driving (stupid and i was shitting it for months)...only got 4 points in the end :D

Fingers crossed for you man!!!!!

Forum User
    state that you need your car to work, and function in your day to day life. The imposement of 6 or more points would mean that i would be banned, therefore i would lose my job, would be unable to pay my weekly board, and unable to afford food for myself, i would become homeless and more than likely me housed in a hostel.....

wear a suit and be very apologetic..try and think of a reason that you were perhaps travelling at 96MPH....

And racing a Saxo don't count!

Mat.

Those lexus lights probably caught his eye and he decided to do you for anything he could! Sorry fella, it's no joking matter..unlucky :(
    At least it's not a ban you're looking at...re-test ain't as bad as you think..

Forum User
    i can confirm his lexus lights have gone... he bought some standards from me.

Woohoo!

sorry to hear that mate, it makes you think there's no point in speeding at all when a bans in question!

Hmm i got caught doing 110 on the m5 at like 4 in the morning, but the copper just put me down for an sp50 and 3 points and £60 which was v lucky !

I had my clio 4 days and get points the shame ;(
    Best of luck fella