Forum User

william 3 colour, advice please

I have just bought a pretty much mint williams 3, i have decided to take it to the bodywork shop to make it absolutley pristine condition,after looking at some williams 3's, i am beginning to wonder if the colour on them varies? i know they are not the same as 1's and 2's, but some 3's appear to be more purple than others, is this the case, or am i just a blind twat? as i dont want any problems with a colour match when getting sprayed up!

cheers

ps.should i de-lock it whilst its there? the alarm operates the centrel locking, but i want to keep the car as original as possible, but surely de-locking it wouldn't matter?

Hi Bill.

Some 3's will be more 'purple' than others due to the large batch of paint renault had mixed. There are 8 shades from memory.

Mine is standard 1.

If you take your car and have the door shuts matched as the original colour or get a standard monico blue 432 sprayed - it should be right.

Dont delock unless your keeping the car mate - it knocks value off to a prospective buyer.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Hi Bill.

Some 3's will be more 'purple' than others due to the large batch of paint renault had mixed. There are 8 shades from memory.

Mine is standard 1.

If you take your car and have the door shuts matched as the original colour or get a standard monico blue 432 sprayed - it should be right.

Dont delock unless your keeping the car mate - it knocks value off to a prospective buyer.
    cheers northy, sounds like very good advice that, what i was looking for, i'll go for the standard 432, just to be safe, regarding keeping the car, i think i probably will, had my valver for about 5/6 years and missed that once i'd sold it, and this is only better, so will hopefully be able to afford to keep it end of, and maybe get a 2nd car as a run around, so might just de lock it, mmm not to sure yet?????

if it was me - get standard 432

:D

Forum User
    will do :D

My valver was re-sprayed in 432 at some point before I bought it and I must admit I don't like it that much cos when the sun shines on it ..it looks purple. Will probably get a re-spray at some point in 449 blue.

Forum User
    to be honest mate, i like the purple shade, makes you look twice

its a pain when trying to buy parts "ready to fit" due to the different colours.

but imho its nice to be slightly different.

tbh i would have preferred them to keep all 3 williams the same shade.