Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

help help help need cheaper insurance or willy2 up4 sale!!!!

I finally managed to get my brother to part with his williams2!! before I bought it I did have a quote with admiral for a grand. I didn't insure it straight away for financial reasons but now I can and my quote has expired. The new quote they are giving me is coming through at 1800quid. I rang them to see if there was some sort of error but they said thats the best they can offer me and I should have taken the cheaper quote whilst it was available but that they are not obliged to offer that quote again as it has expired.!!!

I have tried finding cheaper insurance till my fingers are literally bleeding due to typing in loads of online quotes but is there anyone out there like me?? (21 driving 3 years with no no claims bonus) who has found cheap insurance.

If I cant find it for around a grand I will be forced to put the williams up for sale. So also anyone interested in a wiliams2 with 85k on the clock? needs a bit spending on cosmetics to make it absolutely mint but nothing major. service history up to 60k has been serviced since but no record of this. 6 months mot. can give more details if anyones interested?? only for sale if I cant find insurance. may part ex WHY? I have tried frizzell, liverpool victoria, money supermarket, elephant, admiral, bell, post office asda, co op, confused ect ect it aint looking good guys.......any ideas??????

Forum User
    try HIC http://www.hertsinsurance.com/

also try www.confused.com and www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

they check loads of different companies.

Forum User
    interestingly when i got a re quote todat mine came out at £150 more than teh orignal quote which i accepted

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    interestingly when i got a re quote todat mine came out at £150 more than teh orignal quote which i accepted
    I wish it was only 150 quid more I could live with that but I cant afford to pay 1800 quid insurance and even if I could I would'nt give that much anyway its a right rip off! a grand is expensive enuff for me and I think thats too expensive!! Still begging my mum to let me insure it in her name but all she keeps saying is that I've been on her insuance far too long and that i need to get my own!! im so pissed off!!!

Forum User
    Try elephant, more or less same compnay as admiral, they were the two cheapest for me

try Adrain Flux, no one else could come close for me

and dont, whatever you do, go with Liverpool Victoria or Frizzell, they are a nightmare if you need to claim

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUN
    try Adrain Flux, no one else could come close for me

and dont, whatever you do, go with Liverpool Victoria or Frizzell, they are a nightmare if you need to claim
    Flux are ok if you have any NCB, they were £500 more then admiral for me as i ahve no NCB

ADMIRAL! all the way i got my insurance down 390 quid by putting my g/f on the insurance try putting you mum or if you got 1 your g/f on it honestly make a difference tho

Forum User
    Yeah forgot about that adding my mum as a named driver reduced it by £600

Forum User
    tried all these companys guys. I told you it isnt looking good!! cheapest is admiral £1857 TPFT and thats with my mum as a named driver to bring it down a bit!! it was £1050 with admiral and I had the quote saved ready to buy when I had the money which is the reason I bought the car but now that quote has expired and it's coming through at £1857 I've rang them and argued with them but all they say is that because the qoute expired they are not legally obliged to honour it!!!