Thread: Rx7's

Forum User

Rx7's

Tried to find performance stats and any different models that were made of these but not had much luck, anyone know what they go like!?

How would you expect to do against one on duals with some round about thrown in to the equation?? Im talking shortish duals where you could hit 80-90 max before slown for the next roundabout.

Me and my pal had an intresting find in one of these last night after bein out and finding nout to play with for a fair old while, the car did have a "badboy f+f style bodykit on it thoug but still surely that wouldnt weigh it down all that much for what these should be putting out even in standard form!?

Forum User
    they are freaKIshly quick

With a proper driver and an engine thats not ****ed (most of the ones with bodykits are cheap shit which need an engine rebuild) they will absolutely pan the arse of a Williams.

In the wet they're a bit scary but they're awesome in the dry.

Matt

lol..i was passenger in 1, while gaz2 drove mine.....dunno how much gaz was booting it like, but i suspect he was givin it death..lol

iirc we started about 70 mph ish...by 80 gaz was still along side of us.....then.........woooooooooosh...........fuk... .......wheres gaz gone?? pulled absolutely loads from like 80-150 very easily lol

very fast cars.

The imports are quickest with 276bhp and 1/4 mile under 14 secs

Forum User
    Dunno much about the wankel motors tbh, but my mate just paid £1800 for a set of ceramic tips, whatever the fcuk they are, he's running a quite modest 500bhp haven't seen it yet as it's been gettin these tips done since i got back from work!!!

Tips will be for the pistons. They are triangular in shape in the wankel engine and the tips wear. Rotory engines need rebuilding every 80-100k

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    lol..i was passenger in 1, while gaz2 drove mine.....dunno how much gaz was booting it like, but i suspect he was givin it death..lol

iirc we started about 70 mph ish...by 80 gaz was still along side of us.....then.........woooooooooosh...........f*k... .......wheres gaz gone?? pulled absolutely loads from like 80-150 very easily lol

very fast cars.
    gotta love the turbo lag then bang, offski

One of my mates in the States has a Mk1 RX7 drag car with a twin turbo 13b in. With 30psi boost and a 500hp nitrous kit he's run well into the 7s.

Matt