Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    This is the kind of thread that gets linked to other forums for a laugh. I'm not taking sides either way!
    I know what ya mean!!!!

Don't doubt a WELL modified Clio will keep too when rolling, but the Extreme acceleration and grip levels offered from a standing start in a 4X4 with 276bhp should have seen him WAY up the road, (or are they really shit compared to Evos???)

I love the Willy to bits, but unfortunatley it ain't half the car that the Evo is, although not an Impreza lover i see the STI as a match (when both in standard guise)

Quote Originally Posted by Rott

Don't doubt a WELL modified Clio will keep too when rolling, but the Extreme acceleration and grip levels offered from a standing start in a 4X4 with 276bhp should have seen him WAY up the road, (or are they really s**t compared to Evos???)

It's 261bhp for a UK STi, so not quite on Evo pace. The PPP equipped cars are about the same though?

I think the bhp/tonne is very similar between a UK STi and a modded, lightened 2.0-litre Clio. Just still seems hard to comprehend!

Forum User
    ^^^^ I know, i cant get my head round it either, i'm not doubting anyone, as i've been made to look silly by the strangest things going up the strip (lexus Soarer, OLD '36 Ford Coupe, DAMN 4x4 Fiesta Sleeper - got him back next run ) it's just that i drive an evo every day, and even going back to when it was a standard car, it was so Superior to anything i'd ever had, and i've had a few, trust me, like zollo says it's hard to get ur head round!!

Anyway Scoobs are the sworn enemy, Go find him and do it again bud, Well done

Forum User
    am going york on sunday so will try and line up next to one. suprised me how well the willy did. should have the lot 1/4 mile times and 0-60 figs

J o n
    Rochdale Willy, I had a do with a blue one, newer shape on the exact same road and it sounds like the exact same model... newer shape with 260bhp, but weigh almost 1500kg's... yeah, really gonna struggle against that

sorry, but these cars are NOT fast, even with an imagination as big as a Scooby drivers. I was able to absolutely take the piss when I raced one, backing on and off before he moved over when I was into 5th... he soon went backwards. I wouldn't worry about what people on here think, everyone hails the Scooby's as some supercar, but in truth they struggle to get low 15's in newer guise and rarely make a good 14 second pass... shite. an Evo is WORLDS apart, unless of course you happen upon a proper Impreza, like a JDM Classic or WR1 etc...

it makes me laugh when everyone goes on like all Scooby's have 1000bhp and are all some super light weight model... it's a budget road rally car wannabe, only a handful of the models deserve respect. most are poverty specs for people that couldn't afford a proper Evo

lol^^^

from a standstill the scoob will pullaway from u.........anywhere else in the range, rolling, 30+ etc..the clio will be a match for it no problem, unless its seriously tuned or a p1., 22b, wr1 etc.

same can be said for the mitsi's tbh.....once rolling....they arent that fast unless its one of the higher specced models

J o n
    thing is most Mitsi's are higher end models... you'll be able to keep a standard 280bhp one fairly honest to a point, but breathed on or tuned ones are right animals. the best Scoobs however are usually about as good as the poorest Evo... but they are the fastest car in the world still however...

there are so many cars that are quicker than the WRX and STi's now. look at most manufacturers and they will have a non performance model that will shat on it. BMW and Merc diesels will easily spank an Impreza WRX, 530d BMW, or 320d merc etc... dont understand what the hang up about them is really, even the hallowed RA wasn't impressive.

According to letstorquebhp...

Impreza WRX Sti Type UK 02 plate has 180.40 bhp/ton aint much more than a williams when you take into account the transmission loss by 4x4

Williams... 155.52 bhp/ton

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    thing is most Mitsi's are higher end models... you'll be able to keep a standard 280bhp one fairly honest to a point, but breathed on or tuned ones are right animals.

Tell me about it

J o n
    Thing with the Evo is that I know no matter what happens the best I can hope for is to keep up with it (unless its broke), you wont beat them, but with a Scooby 75% of the time I'd expect to be right on it or pulling away, as there are about 20'000 varients and most of them are shit... lets torque bhp lists about 3 or 4 fastuns, the rest are laughable, hence why you HAVE to mod them.