Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    who me??

i fukkin hope i wont be that slow.....itl have the bodies on by then ....hopefully lol

and 1 thing to remember with the handling thing as well mate......the coilovers help........A LOT ;)

Coilovers? Nah!

I enjoy my Clio and have probably had it longer than most (bought in '97) and am now in the process of stripping it out (150kg gone so far) to get something lighter and faster. It is fantastic on so many levels but mine is not a faster car than the JDM WRX STI, even when stripped. I have road and competition experience of both, and the Clio is probably the most smiles per mile, but the Impreza is in a different league.

Is yours a tuned f7r though stevie?

Std vs Std (WITH THE SAME DRIVER ability) then an STI Impreza is the quicker car full stop.

Modded vs modded would still be the same.

Modded Willy vs std STI the yes may well be.....

I carnt stand STI as have always been an EVO person and can say from experience they are in a different league to the STI..

Most (not all) Subarus you see on trackdays are people you carnt drive to save their life..They are just "livin the dream"...

6s 7s on track and road also.........so they not in a diff league.....lol

scooby, mitsis, seem to be fairly similar, danny t has been pasenger round oulton in mine...ask him bout the silver evo 6 that was holdin me up lol.....and then theres the evo7 wen craggy was in....etc. so not that much better lol...and it was a white scoob that passed me, pulled a gap, caught the evo and passed him too......i only managed to catch the evo, then he pulled off as i was about to pass

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    6s 7s on track and road also.........so they not in a diff league.....lol

scooby, mitsis, seem to be fairly similar, danny t has been pasenger round oulton in mine...ask him bout the silver evo 6 that was holdin me up lol.....and then theres the evo7 wen craggy was in....etc. so not that much better lol...and it was a white scoob that passed me, pulled a gap, caught the evo and passed him too......i only managed to catch the evo, then he pulled off as i was about to pass
    You missed the point same driver / same abilities then the STI and more so the EVO is in a different league. Pasted GT3's and alsorts on trackdays but doesnt mean my car is faster..

J o n
    ... and I doubt your a better driver either... I've been reliably informed your one of these twats that thinks he's the don, but can't drive for shit despite all your boasts of being Mansell when you get behind the wheel

oops, called you a twat, I take that back... twats are useful

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    tbh.u shudda started pulling away slightly at that speed, ...above 125-130.they only go backwards.
    This bit is correct. My RA with an EJ25 (lower redline) only just gets to 120!

What caught/passed what on a track day isn't wholly relevant though. My Clio has passed loads of very competent machinery and when my wife went on a track day (her first one) in my STI everything passed that, but with the same driver I know which one is 'quicker' round the track, and by a decent margin. I still love the Clio though and hence am hanging onto it and giving it another lease of life!

yeah this is also true mate....the ones iv come across on track have been driven as hard as i drive mine tbh mate. taking similar lines and at similar speeds, which to me says similar driver ability. both willing to risk the same speeds, on same corners etc.

the ones iv come acxross on the mway...well as iv said b4.anyone can press a pedal and hold the car in a straight line (dependant on power of car for the pedantic fukkers out there ;)) and has been the same kinda story.

like i say.,......except the 1 at oulton....which was taking the last corner b4 the start/finish straight a lot better and faster than i was, pulling a few car lengths evry lap....this seemed to be about the only place he was actually pulling away from me tho, rest of lap seemed fairly even tbh.