Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Forum User

willy2 vs impreza wrx sti

had a bit of a dabble the other night with an impreza wrx sti. raced him up the a627m slip road. from a standing start upto 120 we were dead level. nothing in it, with me on the outside lane. surely this can't be right cos they supposed to be wickedly fast. guy looked absolutley gutted.

tbh.u shudda started pulling away slightly at that speed, ...above 125-130.they only go backwards.

sounds bout rite mate yes.

If it was a classic shape I'd say you've done really well they are 280bhp and not as fat as the new un's....turbo owners keep a whole book full of excuses though lol

'It's in low boost at the mo...'
    'yeah I was in stuck traffic and got heatsoak on the intercooler'
    etc

Forum User
    from a standing start you did well.. the grip they provide is a help....nice one..

you hit the limiter on that chip yet? lol

the sandbrook traffic lights that face the 627m are great.. its like a drag strip..

Forum User
    Must b fooked, or a WRX dressed up, lets be realistic, sti's are supercar pace up to 100mph, 0-60 4.6secs, 0-100 11.7 secs aint no FWD getting power down to the road like that, ain't no slouches up to the limiter in 5th either, can see a well tuned willy keeping with them topend but come on PULLING AWAY??????? Must make a point now of finding out the drag co-efficient of a Mk1 as i'm now intrigued, from word of former owners mouth my willy is approx 170hp, a really fit little car, will toy with Type-r's all day but not a chance in hell would it give the standardest STI in the world the slightest hint of bother!!!!

That said what kinda mods u run?

i dunno......iv had to back off wen racing sti RA spec versions.these being lighter and slightly more tuned than the sti.....iirc....

but then, it wasnt from standing, always rolling lol........sway the balance of advantage my way a little. lol

but u know these scoobs....always blowin turbos, or as martin said..with a bootful of excuses

Forum User
    only running staraight thru pipe, chip, filter and some minor weight saving. hit the limiter a few times. definately an sti though. car seems to pull well against most things. ran out of road or would have gone to 5th gear red line if needed.
    how do people fare against focus RSs, work in a ford main agents and noone reckons i'd get close.

iv had 2 do's with a frs on the bypass in keighley...pulled on him, but he well outbraked me into the r/a s then i pulled back after..

and the 1 at donny...he boxed me in so i had to let him past...had it not been for us both gettin stuck in traffic, then him pulling into the pits i dare say id have panned him too...this was in 2 diff cars tho

This is the kind of thread that gets linked to other forums for a laugh. I'm not taking sides either way!

my friend has an impreza wrx, ive raced it hundreds of times in my hybrid and from a rolling start i will gain a car or 2 on him but on pull off he will gain a couple on me, i honestly cant see an almost standard willy matching an sti unless of corse his has a problem which isnt unlikely.