Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bent Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    dont panic mate, my old rt was a cat c write off repaired n was okay. the back looked like it was gonna overtake the front cuz the rear axle was bent to f**k bit i had it tracked and its still fine now me sisters got it, handles fine n passed all mot's etc. get it to a garage n get the wheels balanced and if u can afford new tyres least at the front, difference in tread can cause it to pull. then get the tracking done. that shud sort the pulling problem.

as for panels, lunners right, almost every panel and visible part is adjustable in some way shape or form on these cars, i spent a weekend on my valver when i first got it undoing everything and realigining it to fit right, nipping up the bolts, taking a step back, readjusting etc and eventually it looked right! over time the panels slip etc and just need tidying up!
    Well, I know the guy before me drove it for about a year after it's accident and then the gearbox went. I'll probably get it sorted but it's just so gutting as I thought that in that sense the car was fine and the only main problem I knew of was the gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    just out of interest but ebay special? mine was n head gasket blew after 2 months!
    It was on ebay but I then bought it off the guy outside of ebay. Cost me £500 which seemed OK given the condition of it and the only problem being the gearbox - but the rest of the problems would make me re-think the price, although whats done is done.

mine n all mate, then the gasket went, then the bearings, now the suspension! welcome to twelve year old french car ownership!its a constant battle!!

lol, I've had a 1.4 RT for the last year, which to be fair has been pretty reliable but I know valvers can be a whole new ball game. Still, these french cars are helping me learn a bit as now I just do anything needed on the car myself.

thats the spirit, dont let the bastards grind u down!

Forum User
    I had an rt that had a front end accident and it had bent the bonnet hinges in. The trouble is the hinges are welded on and you have to sort of try and pull them out, but its a bit awkward. I had to put about a thousand washers on to try and line it up lol. I got it looking good though, just a bit of time a patients. As for the pulling to the left i had the same as well lol. I had to replace the sub frame as it had bent it.