Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

which williams and what to look for ??

Hi, Im new to this forum but I'm looking for a williams as an everyday car.
    I'm also a complete numpty but would like to know :-

Which should I go for, 1, 2 or 3 ?

Are there fakes out there and how do I spot them ?

Major problems to look for ?

Not much really................

Choice is yours buy the best you can afford, some say the 1 because of the plaque, some 3 coz of the hole in the roof, i drive a 2.

Rusty rear arches are common gearbox problems ie noises jumping out of gear etc etc worn steering columns anything really on a 12 year old car.

To check originality the best thing is to get the reg number and trace via a link from here that tells you what the car was originally registered as.

Try and get one with a full service history if you can and original speedline wheels too.

And welcome to the site

Others will add loads more.

I've got it on good authority that 2's are the best.

Seriously tho, they're at the stage where you just have to get the best you can find :D

J o n
    There's a nice looking Willy 1 on Toilet Trader, only 66k and £2999... deffo worth a look imo.

Get a 1, you'll regret it in a few months time otherwise. Better yet save yourself the hassle of owning a French rot box and go Jap/German lol

lol.........they not all as bad as urs has been mate........ur promotion of the car itself is fukkin dire.

there are some fairly trouble free ones out there.......u jus gotta look for em is all.

J o n
    maybe not, but they will break, it's a matter of when and how much £££. If you can be arsed with all that fair enough, but every noise you hear will usually end up in something needing fixing... then there's the rust, they all suffer

Forum User
    As stated before, get the best you can afford really. Although a wicked drive, you pay for it in upkeep and maintenance.

Would seriously consider it as an everyday car....but if you are that commited then go for it...no better car in £ v's performance IMO

Hopefully you will be back soon...+ the new toy.

lol........rust is something ALL metal suffers from eventually mate. so is to be expected really. unless its been well looked after.

mechanically, they no more or less reliable han the next car really, some are pups that need a lot doin, others just keep goin after minor work.

the engines i find are pretty much bulletproof, compared to some other manufacturers

bodywork.as above.........if well looked after they can still be pretty much rust free, but what do expect from a 10-12 year old car driven on UK roads??

from my experience look for when the following were last replaced.

clutch, cambelt, paspump. (i got stung with all 3).

look for rust under the driver and passenger doors. look also at the tailgate, underside.

ask plenty of questions before buying, and use this website as the bible!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    maybe not, but they will break, it's a matter of when and how much £££. If you can be arsed with all that fair enough, but every noise you hear will usually end up in something needing fixing... then there's the rust, they all suffer
    Erm, that sounds like just about every other second hand car mate. 9 months of ownership, and mine has let me down once. And it cost 8 quid to fix that!