Thread: Bilstein?

Bilstein?

i got suspension issues, the bushes on my rear shocks are totally screwed, bloody sheffield roads. the cars knockin like an amsterdam hooker on stag nite!not happy!

was recommended by brun to go for bilstein rear shocks from euro car parts, thing is if am on the right site, http://www.eurocarparts.com/default.asp then i can only find either bose/sachs rear shocks for the clio 16v or all the bilstein stuff when u put it in search comes up as BMW stuff, no good to me!! :(

where can i get uprated bilstein or avo rear shocks from, bearing in mind they gotta cope with how low my car is!!

on this topic n all come up wit another issue, i aint gonna be able to get the bottom bolts that hold the shocks to the suspension arms off, the cars too low so they will foul on the petrol tank or exhaust (depending on side) when i try to take em off. remove your torsion bar i hear you cry......no good cuz its fused!! so any ideas? can i shift the exhaust/tank easily or not?

cheers people!

Coops

Forum User
    Maybe Demon Tweeks or somewhere will stock your choice of shocks, I run standard (although they have only been on for about 600 miles) and they are fine for me, but I an't lowered either.

The bolts will still foul even with the car jacked up? What about if you undo the top bolts first? Jesus thats low!!

How about undo the top bolts, then get a jack inbetween your chassis and suspension point and force the fooker clear - reverse suspension kinda?

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ Sell Avo and Bilstein, saw the standard replacement bilsteins and wondered what they where like?

Dont see how you cant get the bolts out

do what i did fella.. when the car is jacked wedge a spanner (find something better than this lol) inbetween the hub and the inrer arch... this pushed the hub down and gives enough clearance past the petrol tank... bodge job i know but it had to be done

thats what i figured!! laffin, i'll do that! just wanted to check sum1 had done it before!

the car is rediculous low, so even with both rear shocks undone the bottom bolts will still foul!

ring Euro Car Parts up and they will give you prices over the phone mate