Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Sensors are these?

The clio I went to look at last week had a bit of an issue with a few sensors on the cylinder head which didn't have any connectors going to them, and from what I could see the connectors must have been removed from the loom as they were nowhere to be seen.

What I wanted to check was exactly what the sensors were. There were two where I have put a red circle below, which I believe are the CTS and another temp sensor for the dashboard temp gauge?

There was also another sensor with no connector in the area where I have put the yellow circle, but I don't have a clue what that is?

Does anyone have any idea why anyone would have removed the connectors for these from the loom?

Thanks.

the two there are what u say they are mate, but they dont need to be connected cuz the newer stat housing holds them on the clio's. i had 2 of each sensor on my car, hence the two in the red circle have been cut off, cudnt get oem airbox on with em there!

the other one ur on about i have no idea, nothing there on mine as u can see!

red circle mate is the two in the stat housing that are doubled on the side of the head!

so there is probably no problem with them not being connected??

At first I thought it was odd but didn't think they had been cut from the loom. It was only later when I got home I thought about the fact that the casing around the loom wiring (the ribbed plastic) had a slit in it and I put two and two together to think that the loom had been cut.

I may have the positioning of the other sensor wrong, but there were definately three there without connectors and the third was in that general area.

i dont think theres any other sensor that ever goes there in any application mate, got a pic?!

dont worry bout tother 2 mate, they dont need to be connected so long as the other 2 i circled are connected correctly. u having running issues?!

Unfortunately I don't have any pics as I forgot to take my camera when I went to see it (this is all to do with a 16v I am thinking of buying). There were definately three though, I couldn't think what the third was for though when I was looking at them.

Thanks for your help mate, clears things up a bit as I thought it would be needing a new loom, hence my other posts about fitting a loom.

nah man if it runs from cold to operating temp and restarts cold and warm with no hiccups or out then all sensors will be connected fine so i wudnt worry! loosing a sensor tends to make the car run crap as the ecu needs all the sensors to know what its doing with fuelling etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    nah man if it runs from cold to operating temp and restarts cold and warm with no hiccups or out then all sensors will be connected fine so i wudnt worry! loosing a sensor tends to make the car run crap as the ecu needs all the sensors to know what its doing with fuelling etc!
    lol, I thought that would be the case so couldn't understand what was going on with the sensors sitting there without any connectors.

The car started fine despite sitting for two months or so without being started so I was quite surprised to see the sensors unconnected and thought that it maybe gave some sort of standard value for them when disconnected.

Are there no other sensors whatsoever on that side of the head then? maybe I was just imagining a third one, but I can still picture there being 3 in my head

am 95% sure that its only got them 2 down there, theres a bunch of sensors on the front for the injectors n the knock sensor and cold start injector but nothin else on the side i can think of, not there neway! neways if it runs and sounds okay it be reet! if the ecu goes into emergency 'get u home' mode u'd know about it cuz it wud overfuel like a bastard n sound dreadful!

That head is from a Ren 19 16v, hence it has the 2 sensors in the head. they are however no redundant becasue u are running the clio thermostat housing. they are just there to block the holes basically!